Chapter 15

#Scott's POV#

I got to Joel and Lizzie's house after going to the shops to get something to eat for an early dinner and rang the doorbell. "Joel! Open up!" I yelled. I heard footsteps from inside of the house and a couple of seconds later, Joel peered out of the door.

"Scott! Oh, thank goodness you're here." Joel exclaimed, beaming as soon as he saw me there. "Something grave happened this afternoon-"

"I know...." I growled, looking at him like a hunter stalking its prey. "I know what happened this afternoon. Lizzie's at my place now, along with Lyn, all because of you." Joel looked sincerely sorry, with his head hung low, but I wasn't going to let him off so fast.

"So," I started again. "What happened between you and your new girlfriend?" He turned away as I said that word. "No, we broke up. I found out she is just using me to get more attention on YouTube."

I raised my eyebrows. "What's her channel?" "BellaPlayz," Joel answered. I recognized that. She had been bad mouthing me a few years ago, writing hate comments on my videos. "Well, good." I said smugly. "Now you have to go back to Lizzie, and apologise." I laughed. "I don't even know if she'll accept your apology or even look you in the face."

Joel thought for a while. "But I'm still going to try," he said, a determined look on his face. 

#Lizzie's POV#

After that run-in with Lyn's fan, I had a smile on my face for the first time in a day. My daughter is a real YouTuber! That gets paid! That has fans!

When we got back to Scott's house, Scott wasn't back yet, so Lyn went to our bedroom and finished up some homework while I recorded another new AfterLife video. My new origin is a Birb, so I logged in and... spawned in a cave? Yeah. Luckily it was a really tiny cave so I did my intro and hopped out into the sunlight.

I read out the abilities of a Birb, though most importantly, for the first time in the AfterLife SMP, I could fly! I lifted my small, colourful wings and shot up into the sky. The world was so beautiful from this aerial view!

I flew past some pretty biomes when finding my way home, and stumbled across a gorgeous pink jungle biome. Unfortunately, when I landed I got knocked back into a small crack in the earth by a zombie and, because I was trapped in the cave, got killed by the zombie.

I sighed. The life of a small Birb was hard. I stopped recording there, even though I knew that those five minutes were definitely not enough for even half of a video. But today was a depressing day, and I didn't have the willpower to go on, so I just logged out of the server, not even ten minutes into the game.

#Joel's POV#

Am I ready? I ask myself. Am I capable of seeing her again, after how I treated her? Would she even listen to me in the first place? I don't know, but I gotta try. I don't want to lose Lizzie. And my adopted daughter. I love her and Lyn, and that won't change in a million years. I know she's mad. I know they  - Scott, Lizzie and Lyn - are all mad at me, but I got to take this leap. 

Scott was driving, and I was in the front seat next to him. Neither of us were talking, but I guess I deserved it. It was almost eight thirty at night, and because I didn't eat much, I was kinda hungry. But I guess I also deserved that.  

We were nearing Scott's house, and I was getting more nervous by the minute. The thoughts and questions were spinning out of control in my head, like a tornado. When Scott parked inside his garage, my palms and forehead were sweating like crazy. 

He didn't say anything when unlocking the front door. I peeked inside. Lizzie was in the living room, petting Elle. She jumped up at the sight of Scott. "Hey!" She cried. "Where'd you been? Me and Lyn had been waiting for you."

When I heard her voice again, I could've burst into tears, but I held back. I never thought that I would hear that sweet voice again. Forever stuck with Bella's sarcastic, innocent rambling.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Scott replied. His Scottish accent make it sound like 'Surry to kep you waiting'. "But I have something." He turned around and eyed me, beckoning for me to come through the doorway. I sighed. The moment of truth.

I stepped into Lizzie's line of sight.

A/N: Hello! I'm back! Thank you for reading and please vote, as that will mean a lot to me! Thanks :)

-Eclipse 🌙