Chapter 57

(LJ POV)

EJ and izzy were sitting by the camp fire talking but I had snuck away. I have officially moved on from Tess but now I need to find a girlfriend. This might take a while. I laughed at myself for being so stupid about Tess, of course she wouldn't leave Jeff for me. I mean who would want me?

"LJ where'd you go?" I heard Izzy's now hoarse voice call. Her voice is really crackly dew to the lack of water. We're immortal but we still get thirsty. I walked back to the fire and sat on the opposite side. I watched as the flames danced across their faces.

"We should start heading back first thing in the morning so that we can get home before dark." I said twiddling my thumbs.

"Ok yeah that's a good idea. I'm going to go to bed." EJ said standing up and stretching. He gave Izzy a pat on the head and left to sleep behind the bushes. Izzy jumped up and sat next to me.

"I've got a plan." She whispered with a mischievous grin on her face.

"What?" I asked trying to keep a straight face.

"We get up before EJ and hide so that when he wakes up he thinks we left him but than we jump out and scare him." She said rubbing her hands together.

"Sounds like a plan." I chuckled shaking her hand.

"Ok than wake me up when you're ready." She said laying down. I nodded and walked off to my own spot. This was going to be fun.