Chapter 63

(JEFFS POV)

We stood outside of Org's hiding place preparing for a battle. We crept in with weapons in hand. We walked down a long dark tunnel covered in bones and dirt. We reached the end of the tunnel and I peered around the edge of the wall. Tess was tied to a pole struggling to get out while Org said something to her.

"Let's go." I whispered to the group leading them into the room. As we got closer I realized how cut up Tess was. She had scratches all over her face, some old and some fresh. Izzy threw her hand over her mouth.

"Let her go." I bellowed confidence ringing in my tone. He whirled around a grin crept onto his ugly face.

"Ahh, you've arrived. Just in time for you to see her dye. You may be immortal from a natural cause but not a blade." Izzy grabbed her dagger and lunged for him. She cut through his chest leaving a long gash. He scowled and rapped he hand around the fresh wound. He stepped towards her but EJ was already in front of her, holding his own weapon.

Org simply picked him up and threw him to the ground. He moaned in pain and clutched his chest. LJ and izzy both jumped at him furiously stabbing and slashing. I ran over to Tess and untied her as chaos erupted behind me. The skin taker had arrived and Ben had wrestled him to the ground. I noticed the room was surrounded by a pit full of lava on all sides except for the small tunnel they had entered from.

Tess rapped her arm around his shoulder and he rushed her to the tunnel. Org had seen this and grabbed at my legs pulling me to the floor. Tess crashed down on top of me and he snatched her up. She shrieked as he held her over the edge.

"Surrender or I drop her." He smiled when he saw my defeated face. I dropped my weapon and so did everyone else except for... Izzy. She darted at him and tackled him. He released Tess and she fell to the ground scurrying towards me. Izzy and Org went over the edge though. I heard him yell as he fell into the lava. EJ fell on his knees and LJ grabbed him so that he wouldn't run after her. Bens jaw dropped and Tess let out a whimper. The last thing I said to her was screw you. Crap.

Tess and EJ were in tears and LJ had his head in his hands. Ben sat with a blank and dazed expression. I held Tess trying to comfort her. I saw a flicker of movement from the edge.

A hand grasped the edge and was straining to pull up the person who was attached to the arm. Another hand joined it and EJ rushed to the edge. He grabbed the hands and hoisted them up. Izzy appeared with a gash on her face and a huge burn on her arm. Her leg was gushing from an unknown source and her face was covered in dirt.

We rushed over and she blacked out. Looks like we're going to have to carry her.