Chapter 5

Friday Night - During Chapter 4

It was a rainy night. No lightning or thunder. Just the rain, mud, and 22 players on the football field.

Announcer: The Nicktoon High Slimers are 3 seconds away from their undefeated season being over, leaving the Canterlot High the only undefeated team in the conference.

Announcer: (Con't) Nicktoon down by 5 on the CN Tech's 1 yard line. 3 seconds left in the game. What can Dash Baxter pull out this time?

The Captain went over the play and broke the huddle. Walking up to the Center, he saw the other side of line of scrimmage. They were ready to pounce at him. But he wasn't scared. This is what he was made for.

The big moments of football.

Calling for the ball, he received it and runs backwards to hand it to the Running Back. Grabbing it, he jam himself in the big group of players to get into the end zone. He was tackled before he could enter.

But, he didn't have the ball.

Dash leaped in the air, holding out the ball. Landing in the end zone on his left arm, the referees raised their arms, signaling for the touchdown.

Announcer: TOUCHDOWN SLIMERS! THEY WIN, THEY WIN, THEY WIN!

Getting up and holding his left arm, Dash was celebrating the win with his team, holding up the game ball.

This was his moment. It wasn't like last year when he help win the High School Championship. But this moment of being the Hero felt amazing. Couldn't change it for anything.

Tuesday

It was after school and the Star Quarterback was looking at the Championship Trophy from last year when he was a Sophomore.

The plan is to do it again.

Unfortunately, there was a roadblock. Due to how he landed for the winning touchdown, he sprain his left arm and need to recover as it's in a sling. That put his chance in playing the next game this coming Friday at risk. No workouts. No training practice. This was going to suck.

He entered the locker room and in sight of his teammates, they burst into cheers.

Dash: What sup, Slimers! I know I'm in bad shape right now and the docs say I don't have a chance to play Friday against those Bikini Bottom Bums. That isn't going to stop me in playing and showing them that last year's win against them wasn't a fluke. Especially to that bitch, Sandy Cheeks!

The team cheered on for their Captain. But his world was about to crumble.

???: DASH, MY OFFICE! NOW!

Dash walked out of the locker room and enter the Office of Coach Dirga.

Dash: Hey Coach. Hope you heard the good news. I might play Friday.