Chapter 8 Part 2

There he was. Right there, standing there looking at me with those stupid eyes. Reginald DeMarcus McMurray.

Valley: Marc, don't do this

Marc: That's not on me. It's on the raging bull staring at me. You might want to stand back.

Becky: Rod, don't do this please. Talk this out.

---

The brothers kept on staring at each other. Rod wanted to just punch his brother and not stop. Not his friend, Aunt or Susie could stop him from going off on him.

For Marc, he knew that a confrontation was bound to happen. Both of them haven't seen each other since the night their mother's death.

Marc: Isiah, I know. I don't belong here. I don't deserve to be in your presence. Bu-

"Then, get out."

Marc: I can't! You don't think I'm hurting as well? She was my mom as well. I live with that image everyday. You were young. You don't know about everything that bastard has done. Especially tonight. That man fought me on my 16th birthday, not even show any mercy on me and it took mom to stop him.

"You're weak. I'm going to kill him."

Marc: You can't kill him. He-

"You calling me weak, asshole?!"

Rod went to go charge at his brother, but Becky stop in front of him.

"Becky, move aside."

Becky: Rod, let him talk. It might help you. There's 2 sides to the story. Your side and his.

Letting out a growl, Rod paced around giving Marc to breath.

Marc: You can't kill him because you'll inherit his mafia.

Mom told me about why dad was training us for. Before he left the mafia, his father was the leader. He was never gone. He had nothing. So crawling back to Granddad and mafia made him go back to the man he use to be, what gave him joy. What gave him purpose I guess. Taking lives.

Then, he got greedy and took his own father's life to run the mafia. That's why he trained us. To become killers. Mom thought it was to protect us in case.

But he wanted to recruit us.

The night came. I help you with your homework and put mom put you to bed. Her and I were washing dishes, talk about moving again.

The door broke down and he enter our home. I tried...I had him and I could've killed him then and there. I couldn't...the blood on his hands, the lives he taken, the families he ripped apart. They would've been mine.

Dad: Weak. Always have been.

He broke my left leg. He went to finish me. But mom intervene, begging him to take her life than her son. He knew what he was doing. Take our mother's life so we'll want revenge and take his mafia and the nightmare continues.