Ch 17

A wild sleepy Fawn!

Alastor's POV

I waited patiently for her to come back out.

I probably should've told her sooner that Edith was a high voodoo priestess, but I'm not sure if she would've believed me.

There was loud laughter, and I looked towards the beaded curtain, watching it clatter as the women walked back into the room.

"Here we are, brand new as the day she was born!" Edith chirped with a smile, leading Fawn back to me. I noticed the skin around her eye was completely healed, and smiled wider.

"Thank you, Ms. Edith—"

"Oh Alastor baby, call me mama for Pete's sake, boy," she chastised me, waving her hand as she ushered Fawn back to my side.

My heart nearly skipped a beat when Fawn smiled brightly up at me.

I chuckled lightly at Edith's discontent with how I addressed her, "sorry, mama," I corrected myself, and she put her hands on her hips.

"That's more like it! Now you go and find this babydoll a pretty dress," she ordered, pointing towards the clothes.

I held my hands up, "ok, ok!" I said, gently leading Fawn away towards the rows of dresses.

Almost immediately she went to the flapper dresses. I simply stayed by her side while she looked over her options, making sure she felt comfortable.

My attention was pulled back towards the small woman when she gasped, and pulled out a champagne colored, spaghetti strap dress. The fabric was covered in sequin, and the look in her eyes was pure love as she stared at the dress in her hands.

The sight made my chest feel strange, an unfamiliar warmth spreading through me. Normally, I only feel something similar when I'm killing, but even then it's different than this.

The feeling when I'm killing is a rush...excitement, and thrill. This is calmer...more inviting.

Her eyes turned up to me excitedly and the smile on her face could stop a storm.

"Can I try it on?" She asked me excitedly, and I nodded.

"Why of course! Let's go see that beautiful dress tried on," I said, beginning to take her to the fitting rooms.

She quickly disappeared behind the curtain, and I could just barely see her feet from beneath it. She shifted a few times before her clothing began falling to the floor, making me avert my eyes.

For some reason, I feel warmer thinking about her being naked on the other side of that curtain. I could see her in my mind, her smile, those eyes...slowly stripping away her clothing for me, laying back in my bed...spreading her legs—

My eyes snapped wide open and I quickly placed my hand over my mouth.

What am I doing?! How dare I think of her like that, what's the matter with me?!

Promptly I wiped my mind of those repulsive thoughts, taking a deep breath in order to cool myself down a bit. Then the curtain pulled back, and I nearly choked on the air around me, but managed to keep my composure.

She looks utterly stunning.

A little smile was on her lips, and all I could do was look at her in awe as she approached me. The sequins glittered and shook with each step she took, the dress hugging her and accentuating her curves.

"How do I look, do I look dumb?" She asked me, biting her lip slightly before spinning around slowly to show me every single beautiful angle.

My breath caught when the back of the dress was non existent, ending just above her tailbone. The smooth skin on her back had a few moles that dotted her, leaving cute little beauty marks along her body.