Ch 104

Fawn's POV

My eyes opened slowly.

A low groan slipped past my lips as I used my arms to push myself up. Every muscle in my body ached, and I felt like I was going to throw up.

There was a ringing in my ears that wouldn't go away, and I had to blink a few times before my surroundings became clear to me.

Even when they did, I had to blink again.

All around me was what looked like my old apartment, where I came from before...

Alastor.

"Alastor!" I cried out, stumbling up onto my feet before tripping and falling straight back to my knees, hard.

I choked slightly on a sound of pain, before looking all around me to gain a better grip on this old reality.

This time when I got up, it was slowly and I shakily used my wobbly legs to carry me over to the small kitchen area of my apartment.

Was...was it all a dream...?

No...

Tears filled my eyes as I felt the faux marble countertop and my fingers started to shake when I realized what happened.

Electricity sent me there.

Electricity sent me back.

It was not a dream. That life...my life...was not a dream.

A hiccup made my shoulders bounce as I covered my face with my hands and fell to my knees, sobbing heavily. My entire world, my...my people...they're gone. It's all gone, all in the past.

Why, why after all that time would it send me back now, why after...Alastor...

Was he the reason I was there...?

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen! It's your favorite host, Alastor, and I do hope you're all tuning in..."

I jumped at the sound of a voice breaking through my melancholy haze, and my ears perked up at the familiar sound.

I whipped around to face where it had come from.

"A-Alastor...?" My feeble voice called out, only for my hopes to die when I saw my television playing the tape...

The tape.

I scrambled to my feet and ran over to the cassette player. It read the exact date and time I had been transported all those years ago...

I wonder if I'm 21 again...? I have no way to tell...the only thing I can feel right now is pain.

Snatching up the cassette player, I shook it violently, tears pouring from my eyes like a faucet.

"Send me back! Send me back, Godammit, send me back!"

My teeth grit and my arms began to hurt from shaking this stupid thing so hard. I yelled in frustration when all it did was rattle and make the picture on the screen go wonky.

I threw the player on the ground and it broke. My rage was overtaking my despair and I stomped on it, screaming as I shattered the stupid box.

"Why would you send me there! WHY! WHY! WHY!"

Every time my heel hit the black box, more pieces flew off and bounced everywhere until it was just a pile of junk.

The image on the screen had gone black and I couldn't help but weep into my hands pitifully. My daughter, my house, Alastor...the station...Edith...Niffty...they're all gone.