Ch 10

Alastor finally found someone who appreciates his jokes.

Fawn's POV

I can't sleep...

I've been trying for what feels like hours now, but every time I shut my eyes all I can think about is how I'm going to get home.

What can I do...

Sighing, I finally rolled out of bed and stretched my body out. After Alastor came and apologized to me, I didn't know how to feel.

Mostly because it made me realize that he truly is at least trying...for whatever reason, he's trying to adapt to me being here.

If he's letting me live, he must believe me even just slightly...and I'm inconveniencing his life as much as he's inconveniencing mine.

So, no matter how disgusting he is...I should try, too. The incident in the bathroom could have been a lot worse, but he controlled himself...somewhat.

When he grabbed my arm, he obviously wasn't meaning to hurt me.

Like he said, he's not used to me yet, he's not used to this. I'm not used to him, either, and we don't see eye to eye but we don't need to.

All I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do to get my ass out of here as fast as possible.

Then, like he said...we can pretend like neither of us ever met the other.

Deciding I needed some water, I exited my room and headed downstairs. Looking over at his room, his door was shut so I can only imagine he's fast asleep.

Good, maybe I can finally focus without him breathing down my neck, and I can get a few ideas rolling around.

I made my way to the kitchen, completely avoiding the fridge as I opened a cabinet and found the glasses on my first try.

"Score..." I whispered to myself, doing a small dance with my hips before I filled the glass. Turning around, I leaned against the counter and just sipped on the water.

This—probably lead-tainted—water...

Nonetheless, I finished the glass and set it in the sink, just standing there after a second and sighing. My eyes wondered around, not really searching for anything specific as I combed my brain for ideas.

I got here through a VHS player...they do not have VHS players here...

So...what do they have that may act similarly...?

There's no television...

Then my eyes widened...but they do have radio and telephone. I know he at least has a rotary phone, but what about a radio?

He is a radio host, after all, he's gotta have one.

Setting off towards the living room, I looked around in the dark curiously. Absentmindedly, I reached for a light switch, and the cool metal felt foreign against my fingers as I switch it on.

The dim light at the center of the room came on, and immediately my eyes fell onto the radio that was situated on one of the end tables beside the couch.

Smiling excitedly, I walked over and got on my knees, observing the smooth, polished wood. This radio looks really well taken care of.

Time to take it apart.

I picked it up off the table, my eyes widening at how heavy it is before I lugged it to the floor and flipped it over. It's a good thing he has carpet in here, or else that probably would've been loud.