Ch 81

This song isn't chapter related, I just like it.

A/N: Hi, guys! As much as it's difficult for me to say this, my daily updates are no longer going to be promised.

I realize many of you don't mind this, but it's quite a hit to my pride as a writer when I'm so used to getting things done on time and being ahead.

My life currently just isn't permitting my tight knit schedule, so from now on, I will not have a set schedule to follow anymore. This doesn't mean chapters will be far and wide in between, I'm still going to try and have one for you daily, but I just don't want to promise it lest it not be fulfilled.

Alright, that's all from me. Love you all.

- whatevs

Fawn's POV

Alastor was not bluffing.

My eyes were wide and amazed as the car rolled leisurely through the richest area of town. Along both sides of the streets were gated mansions, side by side.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this definitely wasn't it. Never had I been to this area when I was back home, I never saw a need for it.

Now I regret not getting to see what it was like in the future.

Each house was unique and grand in its own way, putting the word "mansion" to a whole new meaning.

To me, Alastor's house was a mansion...but these houses could easily make for two of his.

Which isn't exactly something I envy, nor want. Are these houses beautiful to look at and admire?

Yes, of course they are.

Would I take them over our cute little country home?

No. Not in a million years.

Alastor must've noticed my stupefied admiration, because I heard him chuckle softly.

"They are quite...grandiose, I suppose. While pleasing to look at, I don't think my tastes would ever adjust to this area of town," he mused, voicing my own thoughts.

I nodded, "yea...they're almost too big," I scoffed, my eyes set onto a front porch that could probably be labeled the size of a large living room.

The rest of the ride was comfortably silent, aside from Al's soft singing. His voice in place of a real stereo was truly something, and probably my favorite part of our car rides.

Just when I was beginning to think this neighborhood had no end, finally the car began to slow next to a sleek, white, country type mansion.

It's elegance almost made it look modern, and I couldn't help but study it. My focus was only broken when the door next to me popped open, revealing a gloved hand entering my vision.

Immediately, I thought it was Alastor, taking the hand with no hesitation as I started emerging form the car.

"Careful, miss," said an accented voice, to which I nearly stumbled in surprise. My head whipped up to see an older man with slicked back salt and pepper hair.

His gaze was professional, as was the air around him. I noticed that he was dressed in proper butler clothing, his other arm firmly behind his back.

I also noticed how, even after I looked at him, he kept his eyes trained above my head and forward.

Quickly, I helped myself the rest of the way, thanking him before hurrying to link arms with Alastor, who was waiting for me by the gates.

His amused expression told me he saw my confusion, and he bent down to whisper to me, "that's one of the family butlers. That's his job, so don't feel frightened," he reassured me softly.