31. It's Just A Hypothetical

Ranboo walked in silence, carrying a tightly sealed bag. He paused when he heard a low and muffled voice, he looked up from the wet grass to see Wilbur. He was leaning against the van, mumbling stuff to himself with furrowed brows. Ranboo tilted his head in confusion, the words were a bit hard to understand. He heard something along the lines of, “Fucking bastard. Completely useless. I’m an-”

“Hey Wilbur, you good?” Ranboo asked, noticing the way Wilbur’s grip tightened on the bottle in his hands. Wilbur jumped the slightest bit, quickly turning to meet Ranboo.

“Fucking hell Ranboo. You scared me,” he relaxed when he saw him. Ranboo smiled with a nod, “I get that a lot. Apparently being half endermen makes it easy to sneak up on people.”

Wilbur hummed before once again leaning on the van, focusing his gaze on the ground. And again, his brows furrowed as he thought. Just as Ranboo was about to head inside the van Wilbur stood up straight, facing him.

“Ranboo?”

“What is it?”

Wilbur blinked to the floor, considering something for only a moment before looking back up at Ranboo, “I have a-this hypothetical situation that I need your help with.” Ranboo shrugged, “Oh, well, what is this hypothetical situation of yours?”

“Alright,” Wilbur clapped his hands together, nodding to himself. “Person A and B were both having a great time, being all flirty and borderline romantic with each other. Then Person A does something to upset Person B so Person B completely rejects Person A. But then Person B makes Person A think that everything's fixed between them when Person B was really just playing them. Should Person A then go do something too, maybe even blow something up?”

Wilbur cringed at the silence that fell between the two. Thankfully Ranboo cleared his throat, turning back to Wilbur, “That was- that situation was very specific don’t you think?”

“But it’s hypothetical.”

“Right.”

Wilbur swished the bottle in his hands before taking another sip, “So?” 

“Oh yeah-” Ranboo thought about his answer, still very unsure of where this was coming from. “If you want my honest answer th-”

“Yes, I want your honest answer. What does that mean? Were you gonna give me a not honest answer?” Wilbur questioned and Ranboo noticed that he almost looked… worried or bothered. If there was even a difference between the two.

“No. Uhm, yeah that was dumb of me.”

“Not dumb. Ranboo you can’t be dumb,” Wilbur said, pointing at him. “But I sure fucking can.”

“Well then. I would say that Person A should consider whether whatever they’re gonna do is the best option or not. Like yeah, Person B doesn’t sound the best here, but Person A doesn’t either.”

“But he- Person B knew that Person A liked them and they took advantage of that bit. Isn’t that too far? I just think this whole situation- hypothetical situation- sort of proves how much of a dick that they are,” Wilbur explained before placing the bottle in his hands on the nearest table. “What do you think?”

“Maybe both of them are being- that.”

“What, a dick?”

“Yeah.” Ranboo joined Wilbur at the table, sitting across from him. “Ever think that both of them had reasons for their really rude actions?”

“Yeah, Person B wanted to play around like a bitch-”

“No, not like that. But more… personal reasons I guess.”