50. Take their Suggestion and ask the Question

It was warm inside, a single lantern hanging on the ceiling that would swing slowly if one were to knock against the wall or stomp on the floor too harshly. It cast a yellow light across the entirety of the room, adding to the coziness the dark oak was already giving.

It was a bit crowded, with all of the furniture. A table in the corner, with shelves hanging just above it. Two small chairs tucked in. A bed in the corner and a small window placed right above the headboard. Then of course there was the huge bookshelf pressed against the wall. There was more furniture, stools, and a chair next to the bed. And Wilbur was confused at first why every bit of furniture looked so small, clearly too small for Ranboo. Even too small for somebody half of Ranboo's size. So when Wilbur saw the zombie pigling- Michael as Ranboo introduced, in the corner, it finally made sense.

He snapped back, finally hearing Ranboo calling his name. He shifted his weight, standing up straighter and nodding at the man.

"You were saying?" Ranboo asked, gesturing to the board of papers Wilbur was standing in front of. Wilbur thought it was just a giant notepad. One that normally was full of random things they were trying to teach Michael, basic english and numbers. Wilbur was thankful to know he was getting some sort of education in this cabin up in the snow.

"Oh, right." Wilbur hummed, glancing at what he himself wrote on the paper. The whole bottom half was littered with scribbles, which thankfully was the highest Michael could reach. And the top half was covered in Wilbur's handwriting.

"Well, I still have no plan for what will happen on the date. But I do have the time figured out." Wilbur explained, tapping the paper and gazing at Ranboo who sat on the very small bed. "As you can see."

"We, in the Ranvan, have two full days off for each week we work." Wilbur began, earning a knowing nod from Ranboo. "But Quackity's going on a trip, one that he so rudely refused to let me join them on. He'll be gone for five whole days, the day he heads off being the second day we get off work."

Wilbur tapped the paper again, moving down a line. "Meaning we have this day, the first day of our work break, to carry out the date. After that Quackity will be out and vacationing with his coworkers. This is well, really the only chance we get Ranboo."

Ranboo, who had been nodding along the majority of the time couldn't help but chuckle at this whole presentation. "Wilbur."

"What?" Wilbur asked, more so questioning the laughter than anything and Ranboo's grin only grew wider- and smugger, which Wilbur scrunched his face at.

"You're making this all seem like some sort of mission, a really difficult high-stakes mission."

Wilbur shrunk back at the comment, glancing to the side and Ranboo raised an eyebrow.

"What was the next slide, Wilbur?"

Wilbur huffed, not turning his face back towards both the papers or Ranboo as he flipped over the paper, revealing the next slide.

"The mission: A great first date with Big Q." Ranboo read out loud, grinning and clapping slowly. Wilbur simply turned his whole body away and crossed his arms as Ranboo continued. "Main objectives? Wilbur, it's a date."

"Well, I don't know what Quackity and I will even be doing. I know nothing-"

"Wilbur that's fine. There doesn't have to-"

Ranboo was only cut off as Wilbur stepped away from the paper, running a hand through his hair with a groan. "I have no fucking clue, Ranboo. How am I supposed to take somebody on a date?"

"There doesn't have to be a plan." Ranboo simply said, making Wilbur whip around and lift a hand up.

"What do you mean?"