"Running Into You"

Yoongi couldn't believe his luck! He ran into Park Jimin of all people. "The Park Jimin"! No matter the situation, time, place, years that have gone by, he will never forget that beautiful face. Those short fingers, the small figure, the way his hair always fell into place. And oh God, we're back to the eye smile, the very same eyes that crinkle and disappear when Jimin is truly happy. Yoongi never thought he'd be able to see it again. Not in this lifetime anyway.

The way Jimin laughed whole heartedly with his body as he was pointing at Yoongi cracking up over the stupid spilled paint.

He didn't really expect Jimin to recognize him, Yoongi has changed a lot in the last 5 years since they last saw each other. But he was still hoping, praying even that he would have noticed at least something similar. Hoping that the years they had spent together at each other's houses, the track meets, the basketball games, the house parties and lame school dances, sneaking out in the middle of the night and sitting on the soccer field reminiscing about their childhood memories that would suddenly rush back to him.

But he didn't recognize him at all. In fact, it was as if he had forgotten about him altogether. Yoongi couldn't really blame him though, in a way he was glad the paint made him unrecognizable. Avoided awkward talks and unwelcoming drama.

He dried himself off and walked to his closet to pick out a new suit. The paint had surprisingly washed off rather easy, and he was grateful that it was thin enough to not clog up the hotel sink, or shower drain. His rental car however, not so much. The on-call 24-hour service mechanic that he paid a hefty insurance fee to, called a new rental car and towed his previous one to a nearby mechanic. Unfortunately, they said it would take a couple of days.

He chuckled to himself as he sat at the edge of the bed, the scene of the morning unfolding in his fresh memories. He was beyond irritated but also happy that Jimin was his normal "take no shit from no one" self. If it had been anyone else, Yoongi wouldn't have made such a commotion or caused a big scene. He would have just sued and went on his merry way.

But Jimin wasn't just anyone, and it was as if his mind and body had acted of their own free will, his soul acted on its own accord. Almost like muscle memory, his body recognized Jimin, gravitated towards him, and he couldn't help himself. Although he doesn't think anyone could tell, he was nervous, scared, petrified even.

Using anger was like a defense mechanism and it helped him become the fucker he was. He acted like a spoiled brat just so he wouldn't out himself and start to cry.

Yoongi is a lot calmer now than he was in high school, and he really didn't yell much. He learned quickly "It's who you know, not what you know" and that money might not always buy happiness, but it definitely talks!

He worked hard to get to where he is, and he made sure that money was the start and end of all conversations. That way he didn't have to converse with others, have dialogs, pleasantries, fake smiles, greetings, public speaking. It just wasn't his thing, so he quietly works behind the scenes and lets the money work for him.

After getting re-ready, he called the realtor and apologized for being late. He lied and said something important had come up, and he would meet her in about an hour at the same place.

She said not to worry about it and that she understands that life happens and that she would be more than gladly to reschedule if that would be easier on him.

Yoongi knew she was lying through her teeth. She didn't care about his personal life; she just wanted her commission.
After explaining that there was no need to reschedule, he took care of last-minute emails and headed towards the hotel door, out of the fancy room, down the glass elevator, and out of the only 5 star hotel this small town had to offer.

He breathed in the fresh air of the sea, and the calmness of the quiet town. He was back to where it had all started, back in his childhood town, back to his past where he had for so long been running away from.

"Maybe I should have stayed in Seoul, " he muttered to himself, as he got into his now second rental car.

If you told Yoongi 5 years ago that he would be coming back to this God-awful place, he would have just laughed at you. But now here he was, trying to buy back his childhood home, start his own business. HE would hope and pray that whatever or whoever encounters this new chapter in his life, fictional or make believe, that somehow, somewhere, a feisty boy with the most beautiful eye smile, and free spirit would be a part of his on-going journey. To continue to visit him in his dreams. To be JUST HIS!

Min Yoongi's Diary
"Running to You"

"The World Today is Full of Troubles,

And Tomorrow is Full of Struggles.

Tying to Find the Right Path to You

Is Like Chasing Wind, the Harder I Try to Grasp,

The More You Fade Away and I Become Unhinged.

I Dreamed of You Again Today,

You Embraced Me with Open Arms.

I Asked You to Come Run Away with Me, to the Glorious Unknown,

I Begged for You to Come Run Away with Me, and Never Let Go.

I Held Your Hand,

It Was in The Darkest of Nights,

I Pleaded with You Once More,

Let's Run Together in the Speed of Light.

The Scarlett Sunrise is on the Horizon,

Let's Never Look Back.

I Tried to Tug You in My Direction,

But I Failed to See Your Look of Sorrow in the Night of Black.

In These Dreams I am with You,

We Run Through the Valleys of Youth.

The Fields are Bright and Full,

I Try to Deny and Ignore the Truths.

But I Can See it Through Your Eyes,

I am Searching Through Your Soul,

No Matter how Hard I Try,

The Two of Us Will Never be Whole.

I See Your Fears,

And I can Feel Your Heartbeat.

My Dreams Fade Away and Once Again

Life is on Repeat.

It's in These Moments of Floodgates,

That Fall Like Rain,

That I Crumble into Myself

And Welcome the Pain.

I Vividly Remember that Laugh,

That Lights Up and Sparks My Soul,

So, with a Heartbreaking Smile,

I Re-close My Eyes yet Again,

I'm Running to You Once More."