Memories- "Big Boys Don't Cry"

Namjin Chapter

"Epiphany Cafe"

'Early Tuesday Morning'

After pre-heating the oven to 350° degrees, Chef Kim Seokjin coated the non-stick baking sheet with melted sweet butter and a touch of cooking spray. He then pulled out a pink ceramic mixing bowl where he added 1 egg, a cup of sugar, and a 1 ½ cups of peanut butter to the mix.

After ripping off a piece of waxed paper, he covered his island's built-in cutting board with all the ingredients and cooking utensils he would need to bake the mouthwatering fresh soft cookies. He evenly sprinkled flour across the tan-colored rough textured paper as he added some chocolate chips into the mix. After whisking the ingredients together and making sure there were no visible bubbles, he scooped 2-tablespoon-sized amounts of cookie dough into his hands and started rolling them into small firm balls. he placed them on the 13 x 9 cookie sheet, and made sure each one was at least 1- 2 inches apart.

After pressing the cookies down with the tines of a fork in a crisscross pattern, he turned the timer on for 8 minutes, and safely placed the cookie sheet in the middle rack of his 'Samsung Smooth Surface Oven.'

He had slept through his 'Oh shit, you'd better wake up, you're late alarm', so today he was running VERY late.

The last two days have been a whirlwind for him. Ever since his dinner with Sehun on Saturday night and his little run-in with Namjoon and his little miss "food critic wannabe" at the same restaurant, he hasn't been able to sleep a wink.

He recalls going back to the table after the embarrassing encounter with Joon and the devil from hell. He apologized to his ex about the (fake) phone call, but as soon as he sat down, Sehun wasted no time to get right to the point of the dinner date, getting straight down to business!

"Jinnie baby, just give me another chance, will you? Another opportunity! I didn't mean to hurt you! It's just that work is VERY important to me! Now that you've been working on these projects with us, you understand what it's like! You're one of us now, so you understand how hard it is! Especially when it comes to family, it's really hard to try to protect the ones you love! Kim Seokjin, bogoshipda! I REALLY miss you, baby... so VERY much!"

Jin scoffed as he threw down his cloth napkin and crossed his arms in anger. "Lee Sehun! Do YOU not understand what you are asking of me? The bullshit that you are feeding me right now? What is it exactly that you are trying to tell me? You don't think I work hard? That I didn't understand or accommodate you all the times you worked late or canceled our dates? There were countless occasions when you didn't want to make love because well...you were "too tired" or "didn't feel like it?"

"You are like that too, Jinnie baby! Filling orders and trying new recipes. Always busy in that damn cafe of yours, just to come home and cook all over again. You take up the whole damn kitchen every night!"

Jin chuckled as he shook his head in disbelief. He really is an idiot for not seeing this side of Sehun sooner.

"You keep playing the victim card while trying to push everything on to me, trying to make me feel guilty so you yourself can look and feel better! All I heard in that whole ridiculous spiel was blah blah blah, me, me, me, I, I, I, want, want, want! For once, can you focus on me without coming up with lame excuses?"

"That's what I'm doing my love! That's why I brought you here!" Sehun furrowed his eyebrows in irritation. Jin shouldn't be talking back to him like this!

"You have never treated me as someone whom you can spend the rest of your life with! Even from the very beginning, I was just something you could control, someone to take money from and brag about! You even disregard me as a small business owner who runs his own restaurant and makes his own money, thinking my career is just child's play, that your dream is way better than mine!"