38| Stolen

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Stolen

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 38: Stolen (Josh's POV)

The first day back in New York, Poppy and I spent at my apartment. The plan was to rest up a bit and then see where things would go. To be fair, I did promise her sex, and we were currently in the living room, getting there. 

She settled down on the armrest of the couch while I backed her into it. "What are we about to do?" she chuckled softly. 

"What do you think we're about to do?" I asked, slipping my hands under her shirt and holding onto her waist, my thumbs stroking her skin. 

She leaned into me, putting her arms around me and bringing her lips to mine, only to pull away before we really kissed.

I held her gaze. "I don't like it when you tease," I said. 

"Oh, like you don't do that to me," she bit back sarcastically. 

"But you like it," I grinned, leaning back in. 

"That, I do." 

I kissed her and she kissed back immediately, tugging at my shirt, urging me to take it off. I was about to when my phone rang on the coffee table. We both groaned as I pulled away and looked over, realizing it was Jenny who was calling. 

"Answer, go ahead," Poppy nodded in understanding. 

I grabbed the phone and sat down while grabbing Poppy's hand and pulling her into my lap as I spun her around so she faced me and straddled me. 

"Hey," Jenny's voice came through. 

"Hey," I replied, tilting my head back to look at my girlfriend. She was running her fingers through my hair, moving it around in different directions. 

"Are you back home yet? I know you only landed earlier this morning, but it's almost lunch hour." 

"Yeah, I'm home," I answered. 

"The restaurant is really busy, so um..." she cleared her throat awkwardly. "Do you mind watching Blake? It's okay if you're too tired from traveling, I'll ask someone else." 

"What happened to his babysitter?" 

"She's at school, Josh." Oh, right. When I paused in thought, she said, "You know what? Forget it. Never mind. Bye." 

"I'll watch him," I said quickly and Poppy's lips quirked up into a smile. "Drop him off." 

"Okay. I'll call you when I'm downstairs." 

"All right." 

She hung up without another word. 

"Blake?" Poppy asked knowingly. I nodded in response. She sighed, resting her hands on my shoulders. "I guess we'll never get to have sex again."