11| Heart

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Heart

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 11: Heart (Poppy's POV)

I left my purse on my seat but didn't sit down because Valerie called my name. Valerie was sitting beside Josh with the aisle separating the seats. She seemed nice, hopefully, the trip would be more fun with her around. While I stood there, talking with Valerie, I realized the flight seemed pretty full. 

"Excuse me," a man grumbled, nudging me aside rudely. 

"Oh, sorry," I said, a bit surprised as I took a step to the side. 

The man lifted up his heavy handbag, huffing as he did, and tucked it into the overhead compartment before squeezing past Valerie and taking his seat. 

Valerie and I continued talking. "I'm actually kind of excited about that kayak tour," Valerie chuckled. 

"Really?" 

I'm sure she and Josh will get along just fine then. 

I heard a lock clicking open and glanced up at the glove compartment, realizing it was slowly opening again. The handbag inside that was barely zipped up slid forward, pushing the compartment open further and I gasped, ducking my head, expecting it to fall on me from the people's shrieks around.

"Damn it," I heard a sigh amongst the curses. 

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, holding my breath but when nothing fell on me, I opened them again. Taking a glance, I saw two hands holding the compartment shut. My eyes followed the arms covered in the black long sleeves that just saved me and I realized who it was. I spun around to face him, blinking in surprise at the proximity. 

He was so close, caging me between him and the seat behind me that dug into my back. 

"What are you doing?" I mumbled, blinking while holding his gaze.

"Saving your ass," he replied with a scoff, scanning my face once. 

"Coming through," someone mumbled, walking past him, shoving him forward unintentionally. 

He huffed, stumbling forward a bit, and glanced down before meeting my eyes again, still holding down the compartment. I glanced up and then back at him, taking a small step back as his chest brushed against mine. 

He's too close. Way too close. 

"What are you doing?" he asked in frustration before nodding to the side. "Move." 

I took in a small breath and slid past him, quickly sitting down. 

He let go of the compartment and it opened again but he quickly stepped back as the bag fell down with a thud, everything falling out. He sat down with a sigh and glanced at me before facing the air hostess that came over, hearing the chaos. I stared at Josh for a minute, realizing I was doing that only when he faced me. "You better thank me," he mumbled, slightly shaking his head.