9| Naturally

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Naturally

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 9: Naturally (Poppy's POV)

My headache and body ache had gone away by the time I woke up at seven in the evening from my big fat nap. 

After lunch at The Locket, Josh refused to drop me at my apartment. Instead, he wanted me to go back to work with him so later, I wouldn't have to come by his apartment. He stood leaning against his car once we left the restaurant while I stood across from him, my arms folded across my chest. 

"What is your deal? You don't want me to stop by your apartment tonight?" I had asked him. 

"No, I don't," he huffed. 

"Why?" I lifted a brow at him before my eyes widened a bit in surprise as a realization dawned on me. "Are you expecting someone? A girl?" 

He stared at me in confusion and then rolled his eyes. "No, what the hell? I just don't like having people at my apartment." 

"Then you can come by my apartment," I shrugged. "Okay?" 

He huffed, "Okay." 

"Can you drive me home?" 

He scoffed, "You want me to drive you home and then go back to work? It's impractical for me. No. Get a cab." And then got in his car. 

"Josh!" 

He rolled his window down, resting his elbow on the frame and staring at me. "Yes, Ms. Valentine?" he asked with a roll of his eyes. 

"My ID card is still at my desk. Can you at least keep that with you?" 

He paused and then nodded once. "Fine," and then drove off, heading back to work. 

I groaned softly and stood there for a moment before getting a cab and coming back home. 

Now that I'd woken up from my nap, I certainly hoped he hadn't stopped by earlier and I just wasn't awake to answer the door. I glanced at the clock while I got up and then went into the bathroom, freshening up. I didn't bother changing out the pajamas I wore after taking a shower and kept on the blank tank and fuzzy Minnie Mouse pajamas with a pair of socks. I pulled my hair back into a low ponytail, the shorter pieces falling around my face. 

Entering the kitchen, I had some cold water to wake myself up and then started preparing dinner. I decided to make some spaghetti since I already had ready-made sauce and the pasta was almost done boiling when I heard my doorbell ring. I glanced at the door. "Just a second!" Using the wooden spoon, I fished out a single strand of the pasta and threw it at the cabinet. "Oh, it stuck," I said, pleasantly surprised. It usually doesn't work the first time for me. 

I turned down the heat before rushing over and answering the door. 

Josh stared down at me before holding up his hand, my ID dangling from it. "Here." He put it over my head with just one hand and then strolled in like he owned the place. He acted like I invited him over a billion times.