Ang Cariñosa (3)

It's morning....

"........"

His asleep besides me, facing somewhere else...

"...."

My heart wants to ask him but...my mind tells me to keep it a secret.

"...."

Sigh....

"Mama?.."

Klara looked at the little one as she soon broke from her trance, she smiles and stood up from their bed as she fixes her hair and walked towards her son.

"You woke up early? What's the matter my son?"

She gently placed her hands under her sons armpit and lifted him up as she let him lean on her.

"....I'm hungry..."

She chuckled as she gave a kiss to her sons forehead and patted his back, before Klara looked at her sleeping Husband before closing it gently.

....
..

"Mama....whenever you are away..Papa always have this person that he gives letter to.."

His son munched on the breakfast that is prepared by his mother,

"...and?..."

Klara who's boiling a hot pot of water to make her husband a cup of coffee listened to her son.

"Papa writes a letter to someone and then he leaves when the messenger guy comes back with....with another letter.."

Klara bit her bottom lip as she held tightly onto the pot holder on her hands as she quietly breathed a shaky sigh.

Trying to hold her tears from coming down.

"I-I see well....is the mail man coming back soon?.."

She sniffed up as she wiped her eyes with her other clean hand, facing her son with a smile.

"Yea! Mr. Mail man comes back at the afternoon!"

"....."

" Alright...."

She then picked the holder of the boiling pot without knowing that she forgot to put the thick cloth on her other hand,

Her hand soon touched the hot metal as her reaction was nothing...she saw her hand and quickly retrieved it back to herself as she looks at the reddish burnt like skin on her palm.

A single tear slid down her right eye as she soon felt her son tugging on to her dress-

"Ma? Are you hurt?.."

With that word, she felt like she wants to burst out crying but she looked down to her son and smiled,

"No....mama's fine...she's brave..."