Klara (5)

"Will you tell me who's this...Aziekel?...and why you would call me in that name often?..."

Alonzo who's reading a book on his hands while Klara was leaning her head onto his shoulder, plucking the dandelions petals.

".........."

She sighs and stopped, placing the plucked flower down with 3 remaining petals, one was nearly holding on.

"Aziekel was....my...first love....my crush...I...I didn't realized it at first but...sooner I did..."

Alonzo stopped reading as he looked at the beautiful woman who's her eyes where closed and her slender fingers wrappning itself to his left arm gently.

His cheeks suddenly turning a little pink, feeling butterflies in his stomach...maybe it was because of her holding his arm and leaning herself close to him...

He blinked a few times and nodded-

"He was very nice to me....he was my first true friend...we would always play in the forest...we even made a treehouse there...well he did all by himself..."

*sighs*

"My parents would never let me play to other kids....they say that they carry sicknesses and they are filthy...but him..he wasn't.."

"He came to my parents house when I was a kid, they where not there, I was all by myself with a few maids looking for me...."

"I played hide and seek with them...I went to our backyard and saw him...with so much bruises and wounds...I was surprised and he was limping his way towards me..."

"I caught him....but we both fell, I tried my best to pull him in so that be won't get even more wet by the rain....I yelled for help and the maids quickly went to us.."

(("Please! Take care of him!! I promise, I won't tell mama and Papa! You all won't get fired!"))

"I could still remember their faces with doubts....but in the end, they granted my request....everytime he comes to play with me"

"I would always dress him up, ofcourse I won't look! I was still a little kid back then and same as he is.....So he could fit in and well...blend in so that my parents won't notice that his a poor kid.."

"But.....one day....in the afternoon of March XX, XXXX....something bad happened....I don't remember it very well but...the two of us where playing chase near a stream....It was very deep...a few kids died from drowning there..."

"I was about to stop him but he....he ran faster...he soon fell onto that stream....But he held onto a dead root of a tree, I thought that there was a chance to save him.."

"So I....."

..
..
.
.
.

"PLEASE DON'T LET GO! I-I'LL PULL YOU OUT!..."

Klara sniffed up as she got herself in all fours and went to grabbed Aziekels hand, her other holding onto his arm. She tries her best to pull Aziekel up and soon felt like she was making progress.