Raising Hell in Dixie (6x03)

family tree: https://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=188c1uyye9o&f=478560985446473552

Eric P.O.V

After spending the last bit of peace in my house, I walked around to clear my head. It was easy to pose as a human now that the Sun wouldn't kill me. The only things that could give me off were my body temp & obviously fangs. I stayed clear of people due to the open season. Most of the "hunters" I saw were fat slobs drinking away the day. I kept an eye out for the state soldiers though I didn't find any. They were the only threats to my safety anyway. It was good to know they seemed to be nocturnal unless called in.

Once the Sun set, I headed out to carry out my impromptu plan. It was about time I voiced my concerns to our lovely Governor. It was a bit of a walk since I had to remain "human". When I arrived, I walked around to see how holed up he was. He had so many damn soldiers & patrols around the grounds. There was no way to pick off one & sneak in or brute strength my way in. I needed to be sneaky & found the perfect opportunity. A bumbling conservationist ended up being late & was oblivious as he fast-walked his best. I caught him in a blind corner & knocked him out. His clothes were a bit of an awkward fit thanks to his shorter & slightly plumpy stature. I just hoped no one had his picture on file or else I'd be glamouring the entire staff.

Once I had his belongings & he was discreetly tucked away, I walked to the mansion. I was able to get to the pedestrian footpath without much trouble. I had to wait in a small queue as the guards checked if we were human before the appointments. When it came to my turn, I was nervous during the temperature check. I was colder than most humans which confused the guard. I had to quickly glamour him before he called back up. It took a while since Maria's blood had changed the process. But, I remembered the few times in the past when she did it. I zoned in on him & got some clunky memories. As I spoke, I saw his memory change to my tune. I broke our gaze once I saw he completely believed I was the original conservationist.

I was a bit shocked being led into the lion's den. But, I didn't miss this chance to learn something about the inner workings. If I couldn't "convince" him to repeal his racist laws then I'd break his resolve. I patiently waited on a chair to be called in & used a newspaper to hide my eyes. Everyone was blabbering on thinking they were safe to spew their hatred. It wasn't much to worry about besides patrols expected to be increased. The Governor was going to squeeze us out by having pre-sundown shifts. It was a slick way to round up any vamps caught outside once "curfew" set in a millisecond.

Aides were moving in & out of offices. A small, pale brunette seemed bored as she shuffled along. I expected her to be happy like most drones. This dark attitude had a slight bit of my attention until I heard a small argument in the Governor's office. I grinned as I realised she was the Governor's precious daughter Willa. I had my backup plan if my personal meeting didn't go right. Despite being barred from going out like most teens, she reset her face to usher me in. I quickly resumed my dopey, innocent face despite feeling like the cat that caught the canary.

"All right, I think I can do that. Just tell me what you want." Burrell spoke on the phone as he ushered me in

I followed his instructions as I took a seat at the chair he pulled out. He was struggling to get around the desk due to the phone cable. I waited for him to finish & discreetly monitored the guards. They were a bit distant for now which was perfect. I hoped it stayed that way.

"Oooh boy, that boy can talk. I'm sorry about that." He apologised

"No problemo." I laughed off

"Sit sit." He urged

"Thank you so much. I know you're a busy man." I complimented to keep good mood

"So you're from the uuh..." He tried to place