C h a p t e r 8 5

I stopped for a while after getting out of their mansion. I am googling which is nearer from Tagaytay - going home to Laguna or going back to Manila. After searching and finding out that it's almost the same, I'm confused!

But right after I decided, an unknown number called me.

"Who the heck is this?" matagal ko pang tinitigan ang cellphone, thinking if I would answer it because I don't usually entertain unknown callers. It stopped and rang again.

Madison popped into my mind.

Baka may nangyaring hindi maganda? Nag-aalinlangan ako pero ayaw ko nang mag-isip ng kung anu-ano kaya sinagot ko na ang tawag.

"Hello?"

"Gavin, this is Maze." sabi nito. Kinabahan ako sa pagkakarinig sa pangalan ng kapatid ni Madison.

"What happened to her?" tanong ko rito.

"I got your number from Madison's phone." he's speaking at the same time with me.

"Oh..."

Pareho rin kaming huminto.

I don't know what to say.

Inulit ko ang tanong ko. "What happened to Madison Kaylee?"

"No, she's good. She's okay..."

"Oh..."

I'm out of words.

"Well, I'm just wondering, because you don't want to stay here, at least you could stay at the Meadows Hotel. I called them already and they're expecting you."

"Oh, you really don't need to do that..."

Nagulat ako sa inooffer ng kapatid ni Madison. I did not expect that.

"I just want to thank you for keeping an eye for my sister. It's also for your safety. It's late and you also have to take a rest. My sister caused a lot of trouble for you right now."

"No, she didn't. It's my choice to be here. I can't take it if something happens to her."

She means a lot to me, that's the truth.

"Thank you for your concern for my sister, Gavin. I really appreciate it. In return, please accept the accommodation. Kung hindi ka pa nakakalayo, papasunorin ko si Mang Fredie to show you the way to Meadows."

"No, you don't have to, Sir. Mang Fredie needs to take a rest too." sabi ko rito. Ni-recall ko kung nadaanan ko ba ang Meadows. "I think I saw it earlier. Thank you so much for the offer."