In the sun

Hathor Bloom

"I like making orange juice," I said as I sat in my hotel bed, looking at the wonderful view of the pyramids.

"Do you usually make breakfast for yourself?" Nikolai asked as he stood by the bedroom door, giving me his back.

"Sometimes I do; I like trying new recipes from my cooking books," I took a sip of my juice "gosh, this is amazing. Have you had breakfast?"

"I have."

I hummed, cutting my Benedict eggs "What did you have?"

"A whole lot of eggs, and two espressos to keep up with you," he looked at me over his shoulder with a smile. "Are you planning on wearing heels or flat today?"

"I was thinking heels, but I'll keep a pair of sneakers in my bag."

"If you wear heels it'll be easier to keep up with you."

I giggled and continued eating my breakfast in peace. After Nikolai apologized in the plane, we started talking about other subjects and it seems like we have chemistry, and that we will, one day, be friends.

"Could you make sure the cars are ready?" I asked Nikolai as I jumped out of bed.

"I will," he closed the bedroom double doors — this is a suite so the double doors separate it from the sitting room — so I could have my privacy.

I took a warm shower but kept it quick; I'm eager to change and go to the Valley of the Kings. I know it's a cemetery, but it's also an open-air museum and I love museums.

After changing into a black oversized shirt, flared jeans, platform leather boots and a black leather shoulder bag. My hair is down, in its natural wavy state and I'll probably take a silk scarf to cover it if needed.