Easy to listen to

Hathor Bloom

I had never confessed to anyone what happened to me in the club. Scarlett only knew because I rushed back to our VIP lounge crying, but Robert never knew what actually happened since I asked Scarlett to lie for me; shame wouldn't let me talk about it. And nobody from my security team was present when it happened since they were all outside the club, per my request. I'm quite strong-headed and persuasive when I wish to be.

"You surprised I've been able to visit all these tombs in heels?" I asked with a chuckle as we walked out of the last tomb we will see today.

Nikolai chuckled "I am surprised."

My eyes glanced down at his shoes "I'm glad you're not wearing a suit today, it feels more relaxed."

"I wouldn't dare to walk on my red bottoms on dirt, especially since the two pairs I brought were a gift from my mother."

"Aww, that's so sweet," I smiled. "Can we go to that place you mentioned for lunch?"

"Absolutely," he nodded. "Have you thought about what you would like to do after?"

"Yeah, I actually just want to go back to the hotel and rest; I was thinking maybe we could go out in the middle of the night because I want to take some pictures," I cleared my throat. "Is that okay with you?"

"We can do whatever you wish to do, Hathor."

"Thank you," my eyes diverted to the stairs we have yet to climb to get to the car. "Nikolai, do you think you could carry me the rest of the way back to the car?"

He chuckled "So you are exhausted?"

I smiled "I am tired and don't want to twist my ankle, but it's still a long way for someone to go get my other shoes, and come back."

Nikolai stood in front of me and slightly squatted down "Jump on."

I jumped onto his back and wrapped my arms around his neck "I promise next time I'll wear my sneakers from the beginning."

"It's all right," he glanced at me over his shoulder. "Remember my job is to look after you."

My smile softened as I rested my chin on his right shoulder "You're strangely comfortable."

Nikolai chuckled "Svetlana tells me that a lot; says she prefers to sleep with her head on my chest than on a pillow."

I grinned "It's so sweet how everything reminds you of her...when was the last time you saw each other in person?"

"Two weeks ago," he didn't take long to reply. "We spent a week in Somerset. But I talk to her on the phone every night and morning so don't worry about me or her."

"I do worry; I wouldn't want her to think I'm a tyrant. Let's start planning a trip to London for Christmas break — I've always loved Christmas with snow," I stated, looking at the flower tattoo coming out of his shirt to make its way up to his ear; I hadn't noticed that one.

"She's actually going to Russia to visit her parents for Christmas," Nikolai informed.

"Then we go to Russia as well," I looked forward, looking at the steps we are still missing to get to the car – less than before, that's for sure.