Snow

Hathor Bloom

Henry smiled as he brought me a virgin mojito he prepared for me "How are you?" he asked.

"Good," I nodded, trying to hold back my smile; my mind keeps going back to Nikolai calling me 'my life'. I don't think someone has ever made me feel this needed and essential to their existence. "How are our guests?" I asked.

My friend's smile grew "They're quite lovely, though they keep pitching the idea of me dating their daughter."

I chuckled "I would love to see you share your life with someone, Henry; you deserve having that part of life fulfilled."

Henry took a sip of his wine "I'm not opposed to casually dating, but I don't think I'm someone who will get married or spend the rest of my life with someone."

My eyebrow arched "But you told me you would marry me if I didn't find someone by the time I turned 25."

He leaned down to peck my forehead "Because it's you, Hathor." Then he left the dining room. What he said left me confused – not about my feelings, but about his'; I don't want to be the cause of his pain. Though what he feels isn't something within my power, I still feel responsible for what he might continue to feel.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" Nikolai said with a frown as he squatted down in front of me. "You're a little pale." I didn't even notice when he came into the room.

"Nothing," I shook my head. "Just a bit nervous about the things we need to do."

"I would do anything for you; to be with you," he took my hand and pecked the back of them, looking into my eyes, which gave me assurance. "You have nothing to be nervous about, okay?"

I nodded with a smile — it feels so good to be reassured "Yes, baby."

Nikolai grinned "Not even I can fathom how much I love you. Can you imagine how much love that is?"

I shook my head with a giggle "I can't, baby."

"Then I'll show you every single day of our lives," he, again, kissed the back of my hands. It's incredible to have such dedication and promise be addressed to you, it almost makes me feel dizzy.

Nikolai Romanov

I smiled, watching my mother make Hathor laugh. They've been talking for over three hours now. My mum has encouraged her several times to visit them in Russia, which she will when we go together.

"Might I have a word with you, Nikolai?" Henry said from behind me.

I looked at him over my shoulder and nodded "Sure."

I got up and followed Henry to the kitchen "Is everything all right?"

Henry nodded "I just want to talk to you about Hathor."

I nodded "What about Hathor?"

"Are your intentions with her serious?" He asked.

His question took me aback "Why wouldn't they be?"

"I've seen how you look at her and treat her," he poured straight vodka into a lowball glass. "I just want to make sure your intentions are serious and long term; I've known her for far longer than you and I would not stand seeing her heartbroken for another lowlife nobody."

I smiled "Are you in love with her?"

"I adore her beyond measure, that's true," he took a sip of his drink. "My feelings for her are simply none of your fucking business — just promise me you'll love and take care of her as we both know she deserves," he paid no mind to the tears slipping down his cheeks.