Do you need me?

Hathor Bloom

"Are you sure you want to come with me to the airport?" Nikolai asked as he leaned on the doorframe of my bathroom.

I looked at him through the mirror as I patted my face with a towel to remove the water "I do, I want to bid you farewell," I turned around with a smile. "Do you not want me to go?"

"No, I do," he said with a grin. "Though, it will make it harder for me to leave. It's not been long since I started working for you, but it feels like it — in a good way."

My cheeks turned hot as I stood in front of him "I don't think I'll be able to go into my studio until you come back," I confessed as he looked down at me as I fixed his scarf "I've gotten used to you being in there with me; it'll feel weird to be alone."

Both of his hands cupped my cheeks, making my blush deepen "If you don't want me to leave just say it and I'll stay, Hathor — all you need to do is say it."

I shook my head, looking into his eyes and enjoying the warmth his hands gave me — his hands are rarely warm, so it feels so nice "It would be wrong and selfish of me to ask you to stay; you need your family and your family needs you."

"What about you, Hathor?" He asked as his thumb caressed my cheek.

"What about me?" I giggled.

"Do you need me?" Nikolai asked with a soft smile, with our eyes locked.

The question made me nervous; I could say a lot of things I shouldn't, but the truth isn't forbidden in this instance: "More than you can imagine, Nikolai," I replied. "Come on, we need to get you to the airport," as I tried to walk past him, he took my hand and pulled my body against his, in a tight hug.

"Then, maybe, I should stay here," his hands gently rubbed my back, and I snuggled in his chest. "We could shop for ugly Christmas sweaters and drink hot cocoa three times a day."

My eyes fell close as his words made me smile "That sounds perfect, Nikolai..." for a couple of seconds I let my feelings get a hold of me, but once I realized what was happening, I gently broke the hug. "We are going to be late for the airport," I said, glancing up at him, embarrassed by my behavior.

"I guess we are," he simply replied with a slight smile.

"Well, we shouldn't," I sat on the edge of my bed to change my sleepers for a pair of boots. "In the articles I read last night, it said that you must be at the airport three hours prior when it's an international flight."

"It'll be all right, sweetheart," Nikolai said. "When you're in first class, rules are sort of different."

I picked up my bag from the bed as I got up "Let's go. You wanna drive or should I?"

"I'm driving," he pulled out the keys to my Audi SUV from his pocket. "You can choose the music and eat the snacks I asked Henry to make for you."

"You asked Henry to get up early to make snacks for me?" My eyebrow arched as I exited the bedroom with him behind me.

Nikolai hummed "He was glad to do so; he adores you, Hathor."

It was impossible not to blush at his comment "What do you mean he adores me?" I glanced at him over my shoulder.

"He has great affection for you; he loves working here," Nikolai told. "He has told me that you two have quite the peculiar friendship."

My eyebrow arched "Peculiar?" I asked as we walked down the stairs, side to side.

"Henry said you two didn't talk for the first three months he was here, but then, one night, you asked him to teach you how to make French fries and poached eggs," Nikolai answered.