A little heat

Hathor Bloom

We've been in the home theater for seven hours now, watching action movies and Nikolai has been surprisingly quiet — most movies have involved highly-trained individuals such as himself, and he often likes to comment on the veracity of things.

"Had you ever watched this one?" I asked him as Gods of Egypt played in the background.

"No, but I'm really enjoying it," he looked at me with a soft smile "my favorite character is Hathor, obviously."

I giggled "You're really silly," my index poked his cheek. "My favorite character is Orus — I think he's rough around the edges, but there's so much more to him than meets the eye," I commented, watching him slide down on the oversized sofa until he was horizontal. "He kinda reminds me of you."

Nikolai looked up at me with his beautiful blue eyes "I'm rough around the edges?"

My face turned hot — I hope I didn't offend him "I am too, but I didn't mean it like that—"

He chuckled and poked my stomach "I'm kidding, sweetheart."

A groan left my mouth "You scared me; I thought you were mad."

"I could never get mad at you, silly!" His hands reached for my waist to pull me down to his height. "Do you seriously think I could ever be mad at you, sweetheart?" His hands were tickling me.

I giggled, trying to push his hands away but at the same time, it was enjoyable "Nikolai!" Quickly, without giving it a thought, I climbed on top of him to pin his hands beside his head "you're going to give me bruises from how hard you tickle me."

He grinned, and in a second Nikolai had flipped us over. My hands were pinned under his strong fingers "You scratch me with your nails when you tickle me, so we are even," slowly his hands let go of mine as we looked into each other's eyes. I genuinely enjoy sitting in silence with him, exchanging looks and giggling from time to time. I've just never felt this with anyone else, and it's proper scary, especially because he's taken.

"Well, I like them sharp," my lips kept the smile as he got off of me. I wish he would've stayed there — the proximity of our bodies is something I truly enjoyed. "What if I go make us some grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner?"

"No," he immediately said, and wrapped his arm around my waist to pull my back against his front. "We are watching a movie, sweetheart."

A heat wave ran through my body — I simply couldn't believe he wanted me as his little spoon "Okay, we can stay like this; I'm not that hungry anyway," It's certainly not a struggle to stay in this position with him, and I won't fight it because I like it.

Nikolai Romanov

A groan left my mouth as I slowly woke up from my deep slumber. Last night after we finished watching Gods of Egypt, I asked Hathor to turn off the screen so we could sleep. I think she woke up in the middle of the night and came back with another set of pants — I do reckon jeans are not exactly the most comfortable choice for sleepwear, but I was knackered.

With each passing hour I realise further more that the nature of my relationship with Hathor is confusing, and by that I mean that it often feels like we are being pulled together by some strange force. It's even more confusing because my relationship with Svetlana is in an odd/bad place at the moment. I need to keep my head straight.

My hand wandered around the sofa for Hathor "Hathor?" There was no response so I immediately shot up — we are in this villa all alone, and it's my duty to protect her. I jumped off the sofa and rushed upstairs "Hathor! Where are you—" I stopped on my tracks atop the stairs when I spotted her back "Hey, you scared—"