Parallel

Nikolai Romanov

"Have fun, don't think about anything but having fun," I said in a stern tone, holding Hathor's face by her cheeks.

Hathor nodded with a giggle "I promise. You take a bath or something — your friends will be taking care of me."

I acted confused but still smiling "I don't know what you mean."

"Yeah you do; I've had security on me since I can remember — I know how it works," Hathor stood on her toes to peck my cheek. "Have a drink in the bath or something."

I cleared my throat as my face turned hot "I will."

"Bye!" She said before rushing down the steps to Odessa — they're gonna go shopping as they agreed yesterday.

Once I saw them exit the building together, I went back into the flat and called my friend "Eyes on them?"

"This is Davide's phone, who am I speaking to?" Lev answered.

My eyes rolled to the back of my skull "What are you doing with Davide's phone? Did you hack it?"

Lev chuckled "It's sweet of you to acknowledge my tech abilities but no, I just came to the city."

"Open up! We have beer and food!" Davide shouted on the back of the call.

There goes my relaxing bath.

"Fuck you, guys," I hung up then pressed the button beside the entrance door to buzz them in. I walked outside and leaned on the bannister to watch them rush up the marble steps. "You ruined my relaxing evening."

"What are you talking about?" Davide asked as he reached the landing. "You don't know how to relax," the man hugged me and I returned it with a laugh.

"You're not funny," I pushed him inside the flat.

"He is the funniest person I've ever known," Lev said, walking in after Davide.

I raised an eyebrow "Thought that was me," I closed the door behind me.

"Only when you're being delusional," Lev said as he kicked off his shoes and placed them under the entryway bench. Always decent.

"He says that to everyone!" Davide said from the kitchen. "Does your girlfriend have ranch dressing? My mum made us chicken wings!"

"In the fridge! And she's not my girlfriend!" I shouted back.

Lev laughed "See? I laugh when you're delusional," he got up.

"Shut up," I pushed him down to the bench again and walked towards the kitchen. "How many men do you have on them?"

"Ten," Davide replied as he handed me a beer "just as you requested."

"Good, thank you," I took a sip of the drink:

"So, Lev tells me you're in love with this girl," Davide grinned. "Is that true?"

"He will deny it," Lev warned as he walked into the kitchen.

"No, it's not true," I stated. "I mean I do love her, but not in a romantic way."

My Italian friend chuckled, glancing at Lev "Lev said she's great in bed. Described in detail how she clenches and moans—"

The bottle in my hand bursted from how hard I gripped it "Yeah, she clenches just like that. And now you're bleeding; I'm sure she'll kiss it to make the pain go away—"

"Zamolchi!" I growled, gripping Lev's jumper. "Don't ever speak of her again—"

(Shut up!)

"I will speak of her as much as I want to," Lev pushed me away. "You owe me a cashmere turtleneck," he looked down at the stain of blood on his clothes. "Fuck, Nikolai! This is Loro Piana!"