Chapter 22

It's been about three weeks since the provisional licensing exams and everybody is doing well and has their own work studies to go to starting next week for most but for a few they start this week. One of those few is Izuku who now has to find a way to balance School, work studies, and taking care of Katsumi. Thankfully Kendo stepped in and said that she could take care of Katsumi while he is on the job and if she can't then Momo and Jiro could. Izuku is currently on a train heading to Ryukyu's agency which is in the middle of a joint operation between hers and a few other agencies. When he got there he was immediately directed to her office where he was met with an attack that he easily blocked and leaped away already preparing to use the scarf that is always around his neck as a reminder of the good days from before he joined UA.

"Nice block kid." Ryukyu said. "You were also ready to strike back without using your quirk, so I guess everything they say about you is true."

"And what, might I ask, do they say about me?" Izuku questioned with a slight defensive tone.

"Nothing bad, just that you're a kid that'll defend yourself and others while still sticking within the parameters of the law." Ryukyu replied. "I was also informed that you might be distracted and the reasons behind it should it occur."

"I try my best to not let that happen." Izuku replied formally. "What are we gonna start with?"

"Well first things first is that you'll be going on patrol with one of your upperclassmen that is working with me, her name is Hado Nejire, hero name Nejire-Chan." Ryukyu said just as the door burst open causing Izuku to send the scarf to capture the threat. "And now she's caught by an underclassmen."

"Oh, what's going on?" Hado asked confused.

"Nejire, meet the newest member of the work studies program." Ryukyu said pointing at Izuku who then gently released her from the scarf so as to not injure her.

Releasing her turned out to be a big mistake judging by the endless flow of questions flying towards Izuku along with Hado herself flying towards him. Izuku wasted no time in leaping out the window and using the scarf to get to the roof before she could exit the window. She flew out seconds later looking for him on the ground on the sidewalk or in alleys while Izuku reentered through the window and closed it.

"I've never seen anybody escape her or her questions before." Ryukyu said surprised. "You're unique."

"I'm not sure if that's a good thing a bad thing." Izuku said cautiously.

"Escaping her wasn't a good choice seeing as she'll now have at least twenty thousand more questions for you when she gets back all pouty from not being able to find you." Ryukyu said only for Izuku to sigh in exhaustion.

"Well, do you have a way to contact her while she's on patrol?" Izuku asked and Ryukyu shook her head since Hado left without her comms. device. "Well, permission to use my quirk so that way I can catch up and keep up with her while on patrol?"

"Granted." She said smirking while Izuku hopped back out the window but this time shifted to gain wings on his back.

Izuku flew around and found Nejire-Chan about three blocks away pouting about not being able to find him. Izuku landed beside her, startling her slightly.

"There you are." She said excitedly.

"I'll answer a few questions if you agree to walk for at least just this patrol." Izuku said and she pondered it for a few moments before agreeing.

"What's your quirk and are you related to Eraserhead?" She asked and Izuku flinched.

"My quirk is shapeshifting." Izuku said and Nejire got even more excited. "And Aizawa Sensei is my stepfather."