before the thought

Git was playing his favourite his favourite board game. It was 45 years before the war of Lyson and Silva. He loved to play the strategies and tactics. Computers would eventually be better than humans.

But it was still the generation in which human brains dominated the game.

Git felt extremely rewarded and fresh for playing the game. Sometimes he won and sometimes he lost. He started analysing his losses and soon he would not lose to his relatives and friends at school.

He was quite the runner too. He could run as fast as the wind, his friends would say. He enjoyed playing tag with his friends. He knew he could outrun his opponents in tag as well as he could outwit his opponent in a board.

Skilled and soon after 14 he met someone who was running in the rain. She was a girl. Her hair was black and matched with her black eyes. She seemed to be a typical Silva girl. White skin and kind eyes. For a moment for Git time seemed to have stopped.

Then he realised she was all wet and didn't have an umbrella.

He went to her and offered her to take the shade of the umbrella.

"I don't need it." She said not seriously.

Embarrassed he turned away and started to walk in the opposite direction.

Then she grabbed the handle of umbrella before it was out of reach. "Don't you see, a poor girl walking in the rain, all wet and sad on a day where there is no sun." She said cheerfully.

He looked at the sky. He could see the sun clearly even though it was raining cats and dogs.

"I can see a rainbow" he thought out loud.

She looked at the sky. The combination of rain and sunlight led to the beauty being seen.

Then she looked at him. He looked at her. He looked at those black eyes. Those eyes reminded him of the dark. And the skin reflected brightly with the cheerful demeanor. He felt a kind of peace and calm when he looked at her. He wondered if he ever had felt this way towards anyone before.

Time seemed to have stopped for both of them. They kept on starring at each other as the other people passing by peered curiously at them. After a couple of minutes both of them thought the situation had become a bit awkward. They started to talk to each other.

"So, where do you come from." Asked the girl.

"I come from the western district of Silva. Its the place were steel is made. However it is a bit too polluted." Replied Git quickly.

"I always wanted to go to the western district" the girl beamed at him.

Git smiled back.

At 14 Git had been sent to a hostel for further study. The school was at a famous place of Silva. The capital was quite the place. You could see the highest peak in the world from it as well as the surrounding hills.

The hostel and other departments were made using the architecture, blueprints of 400 years ago. The material was manifested only 50 years ago. So the buildings looked new with an ancient touch to it. Buildings that were more equal in length and breath. They were more round. The buildings were made out in a variety of colours.

The school consisted a large ground for the track team and playing football. Right at that moment, when they were talking to each other, they happened to be passing by the huge ground. The vast field was made up of short grass.

The wide fields in other circumstances, when he was practicing running would turn his imagination wild, he would imagine different units moving in the field. And the interaction of the units of the field.

Only when the rain stopped did he realise he was passing through the field. He glanced at the open field and looked for a second at her. She was also looking at the field. They shared the sight together.

It was a huge empty space above the huge green field. Git had spent countless days practicing for his track team in the field. Git was familiar with the fresh and beauty of the green field. Sharing this moment with her felt like time was very precious indeed. One day this would only be a memory, until he would in the future probably come back for a visit.

Suddenly feeling the connection with the field and the inevitable future of breaking that close connection, made him feel sad and a kind of loss that couldn't be replaced.

"It's quite something, isn't it?" Asked the girl.

Git gave his most obvious answer to her. "Yes, it is."

Later on in his life he would be utilising tactics and strategies that he learnt in his younger days and creative imaginative scenarios of battles in open field areas. He would learn to respond quickly and confidently to the different difficult circumstances his troops would be in.

Of course before that he would have to be a soldier himself. But eating the right kinds of food and appropriate exercise always gave him an edge over his peers. And he would after participating in a number of confrontations himself, rise among the ranks and eventually become a major General.

But all of those incidents would happen in the future. Currently he was spending a moment with a girl whom he had shared an umbrella with.

The sunrays seemed to come stronger and make the day brighter. Git felt not only warm from the inside but also from the outside.

It was turning out to be a very good day for Git.

Suddenly the girl said "I am getting late. I ought to go."

Then she went on her way without an umbrella as it had already stopped raining. She didn't look back.

If I told you that what Git imagined after that moment would be reality, you wouldn't have believed me. You would have called me a wild fantisizer. But it did happen.