Chapter Thirty Nine

In the morning she woke up with a sense of dread in the pit of her stomach. Brianna didn't know why. She supposed it was simply nerves. What they were about to embark on had never happened before. So many things could go wrong. They could screw everything up worse than it already was. She had to remain positive though. She couldn't stomach eating breakfast in the morning, so instead, she opted to get herself ready.

The time travel suit felt odd against her. While bulking, it allowed her to move easily. Underneath it she wore her old Avengers uniform. In the year 2012 she wasn't with the Avengers yet. She was at home watching the events unfold on the TV. She remembered being scared yet proud of her dad for fighting. The only two people that would know in her in that timeline was her dad and Natasha.

A weird, hushed silence had fallen over everyone as they walked into the lab. It was unspoken, but everyone knew how critical their mission was. She took a look at every single person standing in the circle, memorizing their faces.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck." Steve spoke to them.

Pride swelled in her chest as Steve spoke. Every reservation she had about him was gone. She had something to look forward to even after they hopefully brought everyone back. She had wanted to run and tell her dad and Natasha, but she refrained from doing so. She caught Steve's eye and gave him a wide smile.

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket admitted causing Brianna to laugh.

"Right?" Scott said with giddiness.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony said to Bruce.

Brianna looked up at the machine above her head as it began to glow. She pressed a button near her neck and the helmet came over her face.

Natasha smiled at everyone. "See you in a minute."

For a moment, Brianna thought she was going to be ripped in half as they were thrown through the Quantum Realm. Never in her life, not even when they went to space, did she fell such a strange sensation. She kept her eyes closed the entire time and only opened them when she felt her feet touch solid ground. When she opened them, she was almost mesmerized.

She probably shouldn't have been mesmerized by a city currently getting destroyed, but she couldn't help it. All around her buildings were cracked. Cars were overturned. Chitauri were everywhere. She looked down as her suit disappeared revealing her uniform.

"Woah. This is so much cooler than watching it on TV." Brianna admitted. Tony and Steve both shot her a 'really' look.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." Steve told them just as the 2012 Hulk ran past them and destroyed everything in his path. He looked over at Bruce. "Feel free it smash a few things along the way."

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce said before tearing his shirt off.

As Bruce walked away, Tony tapped a few buttons on his watch and his Iron Man suit encompassed his body. They had to get to the Avengers tower quickly. The only time she had ever been to the tower was when Ultron had already destroyed part of it. All around her explosions erupted. Part of her wondered if she would see her dad and if she did see him what would she even say?