♔Part XXI♔

I haven't even started this chapter yet and I know it will be a mess in advance this is great.

Oh yeah I finished the short stories a few days ago they were alright but I WANT TO FUCKING MURDER ASPEN I'M SORRY HE'S SO FRUSTRATING AMD FUCKING STUPID AND HE MAKES ME WANT TO SLAM A MY TONGUE IN A CAR DOOR.

But other than that the stories were great :)

Oh yeah and I have to take a big ass test for my placement in high school tomorrow and I just started my period today and the stress is eating me alive but let's just pretend that I'm completely sane and put together and dear God someone please bring me some California Pizza Kitchen I AM IN NEED.

Overview

Two Weeks Later

Word had traveled quickly throughout the girls that eight of them had chosen to leave, after the attack on the Palace.

The remaining girls weren't really sure how to feel about the news they received, that Anna Akana, Caitlin Hill, Michelle Phan, Olga Kay, Christina Grimmie, Tessa Netting, Leigh Lahav, and Justine Ezarik would be departing from the Selection, so soon after it started, and before the competition could really be under way. Some of these Ladies had never even had a private date with the Prince yet, despite Prince Tyler having just begun going through them one by one to determine where they stood personally with him. Some of them could've been considered decent friends made through an interesting event, to many of the girls, with special sorts of binds having been formed through different ways: Zoë and Niomi got along well with Michelle, having received new tips about make up that they never knew about. Justine was well liked by many, and Olga was considered a sweetheart amongst many of the girls, despite them not wanting to get too close to their so called "competition."

Overall, however, the loss wasn't too great for the remaining girls. There simply hasn't been enough time for the newly departed to root their way into peoples' hearts, including the Prince's. To the nicer and more considerate of the Ladies, they'd be politely missed. To the others, however . . . it was just one way of narrowing down the completion, and getting closer to what they wanted, whether it be the Prince or the Crown; some can't really differentiate between the two anymore.

As for the girls who have been on a private date with Prince Tyler Oakley, well, the opinions vary throughout the many remaining girls, and with the Prince himself. Of course, many girls find him charming, and a select few could even see themselves falling for someone so kind and considerate one day in the future - though obviously none could say they were genuinely in love yet so soon in their acquaintanceship. Though unfortunately for them, Tyler knows, due to his personal preferences, that he will never feel the same way, despite his adamant stifling of what he knew to be true for a long time now (not that any of them know this, of course).

A few girls, however, knew in the back of their minds that Tyler was not the man for them, no matter how much they wished he could be. He was charming, attractive, and extremely kind and well-mannered, but they didn't click in the way they had hoped. A few girls: namely Laci Green, Brittani Taylor, Lindsey Stirling, and Catherine Valdes, were considering asking to leave the competition themselves, knowing that they probably wouldn't have made it to the end anyways. They had no reason to try to become an Elite, other than the fact that their family received compensation for their stay at the Palace. And Lindsey and Laci, whom were of the lower Castes, clung to these needs like a lifeline, desperate for more money for their families, who have needed financial aid for a long time now.

Other girls, however, knew that they might not connect well with Tyler; but that didn't mean that they weren't going to stay and try, desiring to seduce him and win the Crown for themselves in the admittedly petty and set competition. Girls like Acacia, Rebecca, and Lisa would love to be the Queen of Illéa, damn their intuition of how they truly felt towards the Prince. Besides, even many of the Ladies knew that the current King wasn't fit to rule, even if they might not have been themselves, either. Still, that didn't mean they could improve some things that needed to be fixed themselves, did it?