♔Part LII♔

I'd like to dedicate this to troyehaverly  for being the real MVP on Twitter during The Widower Saga™ (follow me on Twitter @/LeSugarcubeSaga)

Also shoutout to troylerbabies bc she's a fucking asshole that threatened to block me on Twitter (again) if I didn't do this sUCK MY DICK ALE

Also this story hit 150k shoot me in the face :))))))))

ALSO SHERLOCK JESUS

Also ,, who else is crying over the Halsey Spotify sessions??? :)))))))) (HAUNTING HURTS MY SOUL SHOOT ME IN THE FACE)

AS I WROTE THIS NOW DON'T THREATEN ME WITH A GOOD TIME BY PANIC! AT THE DISCO GOT RELEASED ON SPOTIFY AND I'M GOING TO CRY I'M IN LOVE???

Tyler POV

We left shortly after I agreed to the alliance, deciding that any small amount of sleep we could get would be a blessing, even if it was only for a couple of hours - though I didn't think I'd be able to sleep a wink tonight either way at this point.

Dan was leading Troye and I back the way I'd come, the windy night biting at my skin even more so than it had on the way here (although I might've just ignored it at time time, preoccupied with too many other pressing matters).  I got the feeling that he hadn't actually planned on returning to the Palace so soon, but since Phil had found out the cost of missing a day - which I'd unintentionally helped reveal - I guess this was his way of making amends.  Still, he was quiet as he led the way, stuffing his hands in his coat pockets.

Troye and I followed him briskly, having fallen behind a considerable distance as he trudged forward.  We stayed side by side, a silence stretching between us that I couldn't determine whether or not it was comfortable.  It felt like we were both waiting for the other to say something; the problem was, I had no idea where to even begin after not speaking for a month, only to reunite under these circumstances.

Still, I watched him from the corner of my eye, hoping he wouldn't notice just how intently my gaze followed him.  It was like I'd been lost in a desert, dying from thirst, and had finally found water again.  I just drank him in, thriving off of his presence in a way that reminded me of the difference between loving and simply being alive.

A chill ran down my spine at the thought - or maybe it was just the chilly early morning weather.  I shivered, burying my hands under my arms in a vain attempt to warm them up.  I should've asked to borrow a jacket before we left, I thought sullenly, enviously eyeing Dan's coat.

Beside me, I heard a rustle.  Troye - who'd been wearing one of his sweaters over his uniform before Dan took him - pulled his sweatshirt over his head, handing it to me.  "Here."

I frowned, furrowing my brow.  "What about you?" I asked, waving a hand at his shirt long-sleeved button up; I couldn't imagine it was capable of keeping him warm.

He looked down for a moment, a faint red coloring his cheeks.  "I'll be fine," he said determinedly, his words becoming visible in the form of white puffs in the air.  He looked back up again, nudging my arm with it.  "You look like you need it more than I do anyways."

I couldn't deny that it was tempting.  It was made out of a thick, dark material, that would no doubt be a lot warmer than the thin white t-shirt I was currently wearing.  I put one hand on it, pursing my lips.  "You sure?" I asked hesitantly, not wanting Troye to have to do without for my sake.