Chapter 1 - Guess who's coming to dinner

Disclaimer: The show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

Uninvited

Chapter 1 – Guess who's coming to dinner.

No one's POV

It was another Friday night and like the last few, Jade sat at home feeling depressed. About a month and a half ago, she and Beck had broken up. The final fight was triggered over a matter of almost no importance, but for Jade who had felt increasingly confined, unhappy, frustrated and empty, let her feelings out and ended her and Beck's relationship.

Over the next several weeks Jade, though free, felt somewhat lost and adrift. She was lonely of course, but she kept that to herself. Her friends could tell she was somewhat withdrawn and much moodier and angrier than normal, as they knew what had happened. Out of respect and or possibly self-preservation, they let her know they would be there for her and then kept a safe distance. Beck of course, thinking Jade was going through some sort of phase, decided to wait out her emotional storm, where then he would take her back.

Over the last 6 weeks, once school was finished, she'd go home and stay there, feeling depressed, taking little interest in anything outside of homework, her writing and horror movies. Tori of course had tried to talk to her several times, even inviting her to go with Cat to the Movies. Jade's response was a simple, "go to hell, Vega!" But in the last few weeks, even Tori stayed away.

It was just before 7:00 Pm on yet another Friday, the only difference being is that her parents were out of town at a bed and breakfast up the coast. Deep down she felt even more alone in the large, quiet, Tudor style home that had become her refuge. She had just gotten off the bed, having done some reading, when the doorbell suddenly rang.

"What the Fuck!" Muttered Jade, as she debated answering the door or not.

About a minute later the doorbell rang again, indicating the person there, wasn't going to leave. Jade of course, had no idea who it would be or why they would be here. There was no reason for anyone at all, beside her to be there.

With a roll of her eyes, Jade left her bedroom and headed downstairs to answer the door. Pretty much her entire intention of doing so, was to tell the person at the door to fuck off and die. A moment later she swung open the door to see the a rather happy looking, Tori Vega at her doorstep. She was casually dressed, in Jeans and a t-shirt. In that instant, Jade couldn't help but notice that slung over her right shoulder what was that looked like a medium sized overnight bag. In her left hand was a large grocery type bag that was filled with something, though she did detect the faint smell of garlic.

Caring little about the bags, Tori was carrying, Jade immediately huffed and crossed her arms.

"What the fuck are you doing here Vega? If you're selling Avon, you can fuck off and die, if you're selling girl scout cookies, give me a box of the thin mints and then get the fuck off my property."

Much to Jade's surprise, Tori walked right past her into the house and dropped her overnight bag to the floor. Tori then took hold of the door and closed it behind her.

"Woah, that was heavy. To answer your question, I've come to sleep over at your house. You've been cooped up in here alone too long. We're going to have so much fun." Tori said, in a rather giddy fashion.

"You can't just invite yourself over for a sleepover!" Ranted Jade "you of all people especially."

"Can and did! Come on! We'll have fun. Just a girl's night!"