Realisation Pt. Two

Samuel was still in meetings and getting shit done so I was gonna drive back home and wait for him to pull up so we can see Medusa.

Love really does ruin everything because a few months ago, shit was going so smooth, no problems, everyone was healthy and safe. But now after Medusa met that nigga, she ended up in a coma, we find out she killed his father, killed half of MMN and we've had to keep up with the mob all while dealing with this shit. Meetings, deals, partnerships etc. We needed the mobster.

It's astonishing how swiftly circumstances can spiral out of control in just a matter of days, particularly in today's world. Back in the day, when we were clawing our way out, we were accustomed to the rapid fluctuations of the fast life. One day, things could be prosperous, and the next, they could turn dire. But now, we can't afford any trivial errors; we've amassed too much at stake.

I don't believe Medusa fully grasps the gravity of the role the mob plays in the criminal underworld. We bear the responsibility for a significant portion of the drug trade, handling 50% of the narcotics imported and exported within the USA, along with 25% of international drug trafficking. We control numerous major arms manufacturing firms, dealing in military-grade weaponry with our overseas partners. We oversee clandestine methamphetamine production facilities and are entangled in countless other illicit activities.

As the mobster, her paramount duty is to preserve her own life. It's the very essence of why her identity remains concealed. I hate to place the blame squarely on her, but it's an inescapable truth. A momentary lapse in judgment could shatter what she spent six painstaking years building.

Deep in contemplation, I guided the car into the garage.

"Good afternoon," the security personnel greeted me warmly as I exited the vehicle.

"Good afternoon," I replied as I made my way into the living room

4pm

"Hey David, are you hungry?" Priscilla kindly inquired.

"Yeah, sure, what have you prepared?" I inquired.

"I've got a few dishes in the works, but the lasagna is ready. Would you like that?" she offered.

"Yeah, thanks," I responded appreciatively, observing her as she prepared a plate for me.

After finishing my meal, I planned to take a shower and await Samuel's arrival so we could visit Medusa.

Messages:
Me: Pick up some flowers for Medusa on your way here.
Samuel: Got it. I'll be home in an hour, just wrapping up a meeting.
Me: Great, I'll fill you in on what I've found out when you get home.
(Read)

An hour later, Samuel pulled up, and I joined him in his car.

"I wasn't sure which flowers to get, so I chose these. What do you think?" Samuel asked, motioning to the flowers in the back seat.