Time for a Swim

Andy dropped into an area he recognized all too well, a place from his past... New york city, only it seemed oddly quiet. He looked around and saw the pedestrians asleep, and cars pulled to the side. The city that does not sleep was very asleep. Andy had a couple ideas of what exactly was going on and suppressed his powers to that of a normal man before getting to a roof to get out of the way and scout the area. He saw nothing specific at that point but he knew something would happen once night fell. So he waited, taking the time to think about his trials, so far it seemed that he had to teach people, specifically the next generation. But if he was right about where he was then that made no sense in the timeline. He shrugged it off and took a nap.

The funny thing about the city being asleep was that when it woke up, the sudden noise was incredible after deafening silence. Andy woke and literally jumped ten feet in the air in surprise when hundreds of cars started up at the same time. Once he got his bearings he expanded his life sense and confirmed the existence of several strong beings at the empire state building. He immediately booked it there, he knew he could take the elevator but that was far too mainstream, so he ran up the side of the building and jumped as hard as he could, breaking through several magical barriers and finally landing in the middle of a massive throne room... in front of twelve confused gods, two hyperactive kids, and a passed out goat boy.

Andy: I probably should have taken the elevator.

Zeus: Our promises shall be kept young hero, now go. We must deal with this... distraction.

Andy figured that the gods would try to kill him or something and was fairly nervous. These guys were fairly weak for gods but Andy could only take maybe three of them at once. The gods all sat there looking him up and down. He felt like a show horse, being judged for his every character.

Zeus: You are a Crusader are you not?

Andy: I was, I am currently going through a set of trials to reclaim that title.

Zeus: Very well, we shall send you on your way and you shall receive our gift once your trials are complete.

Andy: I would be honored. Now if you would excuse me I need to go figure out what I need to do.

Zeus: There is no need, the supreme one told us of your arrival, you are to go to the underworld where your trials will begin. Hades will take you there when he leaves.

Andy knew better than to argue with a god, so he just walked out of the throne room to explore a bit. The place was a wreck, most of the buildings were reduced to rubble. After wandering for a while he sensed something behind him and turned to face Hades.

Hades: come with me.

Andy: Sure thing.

Andy followed Hades to the elevator and seemed to confuse him with his relaxed posture standing next to the god of the underworld. After they made it to the ground floor, Hades tapped the ground with his staff and the next moment they were in his throne room. Hades wasted no time telling Andy what to do.

Hades: Your job is to patrol the underworld and alert me to any irregularities. If there is a demigod that comes here for a quest, give them some trouble then let them pass. Also let Nico by if he comes to visit.

Andy: Sure thing boss man.

Hades: You seem rather calm considering your situation.

Andy: Well you are probably the most sensible god, I like you. Besides you know it is not my time to die here, I have nothing to fear.

With that, Andy walked away to patrol the Underworld. Leaving Hades to feel some pity for his fate.

Hades: You will not die... but I fear your fate may be worse.

—NYOOOOOOM—

Andy was enjoying his patrol, it was rather quiet and he had time to just relax while patrolling. He passed by the Styx, considered taking a dip, then he walked by the fields of punishment. They were terrifying. Ignoring that, he walked past the gates and through some tunnel systems before coming to a river of pure white. He took a second to remember what it was, the Lethe. He tried to remember what it did before he lost his footing and fell in.