Greene Farm

Y/N woke up groggily to see two men over him. Reaching down for him. Touching him. He instantly starting throwing his arms and legs around and yelling:

"Damn pedos. Get the hell off me. I'll kick your nuts up in your damn throat."

"Easy boy easy" The moustached man said reassuringly before he caught a fist to the face.

"Damn it boy" he gripped Y/N hard and slammed him back. It should've hurt but it was... hay? The moustached man spoke firmly as blood started to leak from his nose.

"My name is Kenny. I found you passing out on the road in Gainesville. Picked you up and scooped you into my truck before those things got you. This is Hershel. It's his farm. We're trying to help you. Nobody's gonna hurt you boy".

Y/N looked at Kenny who was now bleeding pretty heavily out of his nose and Hershel who had his hands up

Y/N looked at Kenny who was now bleeding pretty heavily out of his nose and Hershel who had his hands up. He calmed himself down and Kenny let go, Hershel apprehensively returned to examining Y/N's head.

"Not deep enough for stitches, it's only a small cut. You'll have a hell of a lump though".

"Yeah add to it to the list. Thanks for not leaving me out there". Y/N said matter of factly.

Hershel handed a cloth to Kenny who placed it on his bleeding nose.

"Well thanks for not breaking my nose kid. Hell of a right hook".

"Actually I think he did" Hershel chuckled examining the nose.

"We've got blankets and such here in the barn, you and your family are welcome to stay here for the night".

Kenny thanked him and turned to Y/N.

"You wanna join us? This is my wife Katjaa and my son Duck." He said pointing to a worried looking wife and a scared looking son. Maybe breaking the guys nose in front of them wasn't a good idea.

"Duck...? Dodging or quacking?" Y/N as the boys nickname sunk in.

"Quacking!" Kenny smirked.

"Daaaaddddd" the boy said embarrassed causing Kenny to chuckle.

"See what I mean"

"Were you alone sweety? We didn't see anyone with you. Where's your family?" the woman named Katjaa asked with a worried tone.

"Ran away about a week ago. Was travellin' south when you found me. Don't know 'bout them don't care. 'Cept my uncle. I hope Darryl is alright". Y/N answered nonchalantly.

Kenny and Katjaa looked at each other concerned.

"What's your name?" Kenny asked with a reassuring smile.

"Y/N. Y/N Dixon"

"We're heading down to Lauderdale until this gets sorted. You wanna maybe tag along kid?" Kenny asked hopeful. He would have been worried about this kid without the dead walking around eating people, given what he'd just said.