The Pharmacy

It was late afternoon by the time the group arrived in Macon. The truck came to a slow stop in the middle of a crowded road. It looked like a war zone. There were small fires, cars overturned, broken windows.

Y/N tapped on the roof as Kenny and Lee motioned to him through the window they were stopping. Y/N jumped out of the tray.

"Well this is as far as we're going" Kenny said turning off the stuttering engine.

"Then it's far enough" Lee answered as he got out of the truck.

Y/N looked around. Drugstore, electronics store, gun store, hunting supply store. He took note as the others were busy taking in the chaos.

The five walked up the street as Y/N took the rear, crossbow up, nervous. It was too quiet.
Duck noticed something and yelled out "look!"

A number of people were surrounding a body on the ground.

Before Y/N could say anything Kenny had already started yelling and waving his arms.
Y/N was gobsmacked. These people were morons.

"Hey there, you friendly? Trucks run out of gas!"

The people he yelled to turned and snarled.

"Fuck!" Kenny yelled in shock as more shambling corpses emerged from alleyways and from behind upturned cars. Before the group knew it they were surrounded by walkers. They emerged from every crevice as Duck suddenly screamed. A walker had grabbed his arm.

Thcck

An arrow went through the walker's head as it fell on top of Duck. Y/N rushed over and pulled it off, as Kenny rushed and picked up a muck covered, traumatised looking Duck.

Kenny nodded at Y/N as he scooped his son up, Y/N loading another arrow as a walker closed in on Clem.

Bang!

Out of nowhere a gunshot rang out. Y/N saw a woman standing there holding a handgun as a man in a hat yelled out:

"Run!"

Y/N retrieved his arrow from the walker as the others ran into the drug store, Y/N got there just as the man padlocked the shutters and walkers started smashing on them

"You ok kid?" The man asked, Y/N nodding as he caught his breath.

"Glenn Rhee" the friendly man smiled as he held out his hand.

"Y/N Dixon" Y/N shook back. "Thanks for the save".

Glenn smiled as the two entered the drugstore and heard the screaming that had started. Y/N grumbled to himself "Just head from one shit storm to the next".

"We can't take risks like this!" Snapped some bitch in a tank top.

"And we cant let people die either!" The brave lady fired back.