Bang!

"Goodbye"

"FUCK!!! Fuck fuck fuck!" Y/N roared in fury as the radio clicked silent. He held down the speaker again.

"I will find you Clementine. I will save you. I'm coming for you!"

He was met with only silence.

Kenny was about to speak when the two heard loud moans and growls from behind them, in the bomb shelter room.

"Fuck! The horde's caught up to us!" Kenny yelled as they both rushed to slam the door closed and hold onto it. The walkers banged against it, pushed against it- desperate for their next meal. Kenny grimaced in effort holding the door and turned to Y/N:

"I'll hold the door. We ain't flush with time, but... fuck..."

The door started to shake on it hinges...

"We got less than I thought. I'll be ready to kill anything that tries to get in. You find us a way out boy, you're the resourceful one!"

Y/N nodded and asked:

"You got it by yourself?"

Kenny smiled as he pushed against the door.

"Damn right, and son... I'm glad I didn't let you come alone".

Y/N smiled and rushed to the centre of the room looking around, his eyes falling over to the elevator on the far side of the morgue. He ran over to it, desperately trying to force the powered down doors open with no success.

"Fuck!" Y/N snapped as he rushed over to the cupboards and drawers opposite Kenny.

"How's that door comin' son?" Kenny yelled in a groaned voice as he struggled to keep the door back.

"Workin' on it!" Y/N yelled back. He quickly rifled through the drawers, looking for anything useful. He moved on to the cabinets and picked up a strange looking device. He held it up looking at it as Kenny yelled:

"Shit good find Kid. It's a rib spreader. Use it on those doors!"

"Huh. Looks like a car jack" Y/N chuckled before running over to the elevator doors and jamming it between.

He cranked it a few times and the doors sprang open. Y/N looked inside.

"Kenny, way out- service ladder. C'mon"

Kenny smiled and nodded, running over to Y/N. They entered the shaft and started climbing as the morgue door burst open and walkers filed into the room.

"Good work kid. Slow and steady" Kenny called up to Y/N.

"How the fuck do we find Clemmy" Y/N asked in a panicked tone.

Kenny was taken back. He'd never seen Y/N anything but confident, sure-footed, even aggressive. Never vulnerable. As ironic as it was as an eleven year old Y/N had always been the one to keep the group strong, focused. Kenny knew right now he had to keep his boy strong.

"We'll go back to the house, catch up with the others. Figure out our next step". Kenny replied in a reassuring tone.

"We've gotta find her Ken!" Y/N shot back in the same panicky tone as before.

"We will son. We will. Keep going, see if we can make it to an empty floor, even the roof".

Y/N nodded and kept climbing, after a few minutes he called out:

"I see some light up here... INCOMING!"

Y/N dodged to the right, Kenny following suit as a walker fell passed them.

"Fuck that was close boy!"

"No shit" Y/N replied. I'll check this open door, quietly"

"Good call" Kenny whispered back. They climbed another ten feet as silently as possible and Y/N peeled over the open elevator door.