New Rules

Y/N woke and stretched as he yawned. He covered his eyes from the sun streaming through the open blinds as they adjusted to the light. He turned to notice Clem wasn't in the room anymore.

He walked to the rooms en-suite and ran the water quickly, at least that was still on. He washed his face to wake himself up before strapping his knife to his belt, putting his shirt and vest on, picking up his bag and crossbow and heading out.

He yawned as he got down and greeted the others. Clem and Duck were drawing on the ground as Katjaa watched over them; Carley was sorting through the supplies everyone had pooled and Larry was standing with his arms crossed glaring at Y/N.

Y/N looked back at him, not intimidated. He felt different. He was fearful of Merle before. But that was before. This is now- there aren't rules any more. Y/N smirked as he raised a thumb and pointed finger at Larry and mimicked a gunshot, mouthing:

"Bang"

He chuckled as he saw Larry's face pale and heard Kenny call out.

"Everything ok kid?"

Y/N kept smirking at Larry as he called back

"Yeah Ken. Everything's fine".

He walked over to the group of adults- Kenny, Lee, Brandon and Lilly- who were all staring at him.

"What's up?" He asked calmly.

"Uh... we were just discussing getting a more permanent fence in place. I was saying we should go for a walk and see what we can find" Kenny smiled.

"We could, but you've got half a tank of gas left right?" Y/N asked. Kenny nodded so Y/N continued.

"Why don't the four of us go for a drive- that hardware store across from the drug store should have what we need- plus we can check the gun and hunting stores too. Most of the walkers should have been drawn away by the cars and me last night, so if we're quick we should be good".

The adults nodded and smiled in agreement.

"Ok so who's going?" Lilly asked.

"Us four guys. You and Carley are the best shots so you should stay and protect the kids and Katjaa" Y/N said smiling to Lilly.

She smiled back and nodded. The three adults jumping in the truck as Y/N jogged over to Clem.

"Morning Y/N" she smiled shyly.

"Mornin' Clem. We're headin' out but I forgot to give this to you last night".

Y/N opened the front pocket of his bag and pulled out the walkie-talkie he got off Glenn and Clem squealed in happiness.

"My other one broke. Thank you Y/N! Thank you! Thank you!"

She jumped up and squeezed him in a tight hug, Katjaa smiling at the sight before Duck yelled out.

"Why is Y/N all red?"

Katjaa shushed Duck as Y/N felt himself blush more.

"I've... Ive gotta go" he said as he quickly darted to the car, Clem giggling and squeezing the walkie-talkie happily as he left.

Y/N jumped in the back seat next to Brendon as Lilly and Larry pushed the middle car forward to allow them out.

"Did you mean that?" Lee asked Y/N chuckling.

"Mean what?" Y/N asked.

"Carley and Lilly being our best shots"

"Carley yeah. Lilly... I haven't seen her shoot but I couldn't stomach the idea of being stuck in a car with her" Y/N smirked.