I'm Gonna Kill You....

Motor Inn, Macon
3 weeks into the outbreak.

Y/N was down on the ground pushing himself up, feeling the lactic acid and pain. He grunted and groaned but kept pushing.

"99...100. Great job kid. You gotta get strong to fight, now sparring...." Brendon smiled at his young friend as Y/N stood, out of breath and nodded.

"You remember what I taught you about the eyes?" Brendon asked and Y/N nodded.

"The throat is the other weak spot, other than the balls. The centre of the throat, the larynx, one hard punch to that, the trachea and at worst you've disabled them, best case they die pretty quickly".

"Use that a lot in MMA do ya?" Y/N asked chuckling as his breathing returning to normal. Brendon smiled.

"It's only for self defence. But if you're in close proximity to a much larger and stronger opponent I want you to know what you have to do to keep yourself alive".

Y/N smiled and nodded as Brendon spoke again.

"Now back to the traditional fighting. You know how to punch. You know how to kick, now we're gonna move onto submission moves. In the ring I used them to make people submit, now we would use them to disable an enemy. We're gonna start with the Kimura Lock...."

Motor Inn, Macon
5 weeks into the outbreak

Y/N and Brendon are at the carving table. Brendon is breaking down a deer by himself for the first time.

"So I cut here to get the leg primal right?"

"That's right man" Y/N smiled. "Don't forget to remove the breasts, we gotta strip them and roll em up"

Brendon nodded to his young friend as he counted the ribs. "Here for the shoulders?"

Y/N smiled again.

"Spot on man. Make a butcher outta you yet".

Brendon chuckled: "Thanks little brother".

He looked up to see Y/N looking at him shocked before the boy spoke:

"I-I've-I've never had a brother before"

Brendon smiled and placed a hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"You do now little man. I'd say Duck feels the same way as well".

Y/N looked down smiling before looking over to Duck. He was playing happily with some figures Y/N had found for him. He looked up, noticed Y/N looking at him and smiled, waving happily.

Y/N returned the smile and wave, feeling happy. Feeling he had a family.

Crawford, Savannah
Present day

Brendon followed Molly, parkouring from rooftop to rooftop, Brendon getting out of breath and yelling:

"Molly where are we going?"

"Don't recognise this neighbourhood?" Molly yelled back as she stopped and waited for her puffed out friend.

Brendon jumped from the apartment building he stood on to the one she was on and put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

"Well?" Molly asked with a chuckle, walking over and rubbing Brendon's back before he stood, arms behind his head, sucking deep breaths.

"Wait..." Brendon asked looking around. "Isn't this where you?..."