Starved for help?

THREE MONTHS LATER

Four of the men from the group were walking through the woods on the outskirts of Macon, rifles and axes in hand. Lee quietly approached a walker from behind and brought his axe down hard, cleaving it's skull in two. He looked down at the mangled remains of the walker's feast.

"What'd they get this time?" Mark asked as he looked over Lee's shoulder.

Mark had been with the group for about six weeks. He formerly worked at the  Warner Robbins Air Force base, same as Lilly, but they didn't know each other.

Lilly had suggested a trip to the base for supplies- so she, Y/N and Lee had gone. They found Mark locked in the commissary with the bases' food supply. The food came back to the motel and so did Mark. They hadn't been able to get close to the armoury, it had been overrun  with walkers.

"A rabbit" Lee answered, looking at the remains of the creature that had been in their trap.

"Damn it" Mark snapped as the pair started to walk. "It's alright when the kid's back but as soon as he goes Lilly cracks down on supplies. I'm sure we've got a bit of the commissary supplies left. We can't have gone through it in six weeks. I'm convinced it's a power trip".

"Yeah, but she swears the supply is getting low. That we need to ration. Hopefully Y/N will be back soon" Lee added.

"He's been gone four days. I hope the kid's ok" Mark answered.

"He'll be fine. He said it was getting harder to find food out here. Clem sure does worry though" Lee chuckled.

"Remember being that age? Old enough to feel butterflies but too young to know what they mean" Mark chuckled as the pair walked.

"I do. It's a lot calmer when he's there that's for sure. It's funny how Larry and Lilly both quiet down when he's back". Lee chuckled again.

"Yeah and then act out when he's gone. Especially Larry. You hear him going off on Kenny last night? He especially seems to have a problem with you. What's up with that?" Mark asked.

"He's a racist old asshole that's what's up with that". Lee said with anger in his voice.

"Well he needs to get over that and start pulling his weight. Heart problem or not he should be out here helping us find food. We can barely do it, and it's left to an eleven year old boy to carry us. Do you think Kenny and Brendon had more luck than us?" Mark asked.

"I hope so" Lee said in a worried tone before Mark continued on his rant.

"I know Lilly's concerned about his health, but it wouldn't surprise me if she's been skimming rations for him. She says he's getting weaker but the guy's a walking pile driver. Didn't he punch you in the face one time?"

"Knocked me flat" Lee said angrily. "But it's funny watching him back down to Y/N".

Mark chuckled.

"Well you did say he shot him with an arrow once. I've heard him tell Larry he's itching to do it again".