Dinner Time

The three males returned to the farm, Danny grinning while Y/N was silently seething and Lee was deep in thought.

They arrived at the path that split- left to the house and right to the barn and as Danny took the rifle off Lee he chuckled.

"Man, that was a hell of a ride, huh?"

Lee looked at him, drawn from his thoughts and asked "What?"

"Y/N was a madman back there! Took that crazy bitch down!" Danny chuckled again, leering at the boy who was too busy scanning the farm for Clem and Duck to listen.

"Jesus, Danny" Lee snapped.

"What? You ain't gettin' soft on them, are ya? Not after what they did to your friend!" Danny chuckled again.

Brenda had been sitting on the porch stairs but stood, looking at her son happily and asked "You're back! What happened?"

Danny smirked and answered "Y/N took care of it Mama. The boy's a natural born killer".

Y/N walked off towards Kenny and Lilly who were having an argument as Larry sat in the gazebo and watched.

Danny walked off while Brenda sat down again as Lee approached her.

"This isn't what Terry would've wanted..." Brenda said sadly.

"Who's Terry?" Lee asked.

"My husband. Miss him every day".

They looked across to the Kenny and Lilly argument as Y/N tried to break it up.

"Then screw it up for everybody then, why don't you?" Lilly snapped.

"Oh, calm down, princess. I'll do it myself".
Kenny said dismissively as he turned and walked away.

Y/N shook his head and looked up to the heavens.

Lee turned back to Brenda and asked "What's going on with them?"

"Dunno. Squabblin', looks like. A lotta tension with y'all, huh?" Brenda replied.

"Yeah, you could say that. They don't exactly see eye to eye on how we should be doing things"

"Well, it's probably just the hunger talkin'. And, Lee, don't worry your head about them bandits. I'm sorry you've seen more violence than I'd'a thought in your short time, but y'all are safe here. Don't worry"

Lee smiled and nodded.

"Thanks Brenda, I think I'll go have a chat. See if Y/N needs a hand calming things down".

Brenda smiled and replied "Don't wander too far. Dinner will be ready before you know it. And thank your friend Katjaa again for me. She and the kids are in the barn with the cow. That woman is a lifesaver!"

Lee walked down the steps and looked over at the barn. Clementine smiled and waved to him before closing the door.

He walked over to Y/N who handed Lee Clem's hat.

"Oh uh, don't you want to give it back to Clem?" Lee smiled.

"Nah it's alright. I get her presents all the time when I bring her apples. I think it would mean a lot to her if it came from you Lee" Y/N said without emotion.

"Thanks Y/N" Lee smiled, appreciating the gesture before Lilly called them over.

"Hey, so what happened at the camp? Did you guys find any more of those guys that hurt Mark?" She asked concerned.

"We found a woman in the woods. She was talking all crazy and had a crossbow..." Lee trailed off and glanced at Y/N. Y/N looked at him briefly before hardening his glare at Lilly and Larry and speaking coldly.