Escape the Pharmacy

The group of four arrived back at the pharmacy after a short drive. Glenn pulled up behind Kenny's truck and the four got out quietly.

Y/N took the lead as they snuck along the shopfronts, careful not to alert any walkers to their presence. They made it to the alley next to the pharmacy and snuck down it, entering the side door which Glenn started to barricade.

"Don't do that too tight, we've gotta get back out there in a sec" Y/N said coolly.

"Why?" Glenn asked. It was the first time he had spoken since the motel.

"We've gotta get that gas into Kenny's truck and I'd rather do it when it's quiet rather then have to do it when the shit hits" Y/N answered.

Glenn thought about it and nodded. The four walked through the back room and into the main pharmacy and before Y/N could realise what happened he had been barrelled into.

"You're ok. You're safe" Clementine said happily as she squeezed. The adults chuckled as Y/N stood there with his arms out like a deer in the headlights before he awkwardly patted Clem on the back.

"We're fine, no problems".

"Thanks to you. He took down all the monsters by himself" Carley chuckled to Clem with a mischievous gleam in her eye.

"Really?" Clem asked with eyes full of wonder as she smiled at Y/N.

Carley nodded for emphasis as Y/N looked at her puzzled, wondering what her game was.

"Come sit with me Y/N. Have a rest for a while" Clementine smiled. She tried to pull him by the hand but he didn't move.

"Can't. Not yet. Need to help Kenny"

"Help Kenny with what?" Ken asked as he walked over to the group.

"I've got some cans of gas in my trunk for your truck" Glenn said sadly.

"Let's get them in now while we can Ken, instead of rushing when we have to" Y/N added. "I'll watch your back while you fill up".

Kenny nodded and Y/N reassured a saddened Clem he would be back in a few minutes.

The three quietly left through the side door and made their way up the alleyway, as quietly as they could. They were about to make their way down the walker infested street when they were distracted by screams and shouting.

Three guys had emerged from a building, all brandishing semi automatic rifles and firing erratically as they shouted. It gained the attention of every walker on the street and when the last one had shuffled passed the alleyway Y/N signalled 'let's go' to Glenn and Kenny.

"Shouldn't we help them?" Glenn asked panicked as the three men were overwhelmed and the walkers started to tear them to pieces.

"They lost it and went nuts. Nothin' we can do 'cept make sure we're not next on the dinner menu. Can't save everyone Glenn" Y/N whispered as they reached the vehicles.

"Kids right. It's a shame but he's right" Kenny agreed as he poured the first can into his gas tank. It only took a few minutes to empty them all.

"Alright let's get back to the Drug store" Kenny said as he closed his tank.

"And quickly, distractions over- come on" Y/N hurried as the walkers finished with the bodies and started to wander away. The three ran into the alleyway and through the side door, Glenn slamming it behind them.

"Can I barricade it now?" He asked as Y/N had already started dragging a pallet over.

"Yep"

They re-entered the main room and Y/N was instantly dragged off by Clem. They sat in the same spot as before and talked.