78

^ bet half of yall didnt even know the meaning

Luella Jones

Her smile doesn't flatter, getting even bigger after shaking Harry's hand.

"Y'all passed the test. Except you-" Marie turns her head towards Liam. "You need to pay more attention to yourself now." She turns around, seeing every other guard's gun drop.

"Wait, this was planned?" Hartley whispers from beside me in confusion.

"You couldn't possibly think I'd kill the only brother Zayn has." She smiles lightly, all of us now looking at her with furrowed eyebrows. She reaches the top of the stairs and turns around once more, a figure behind her appearing.

Zayn.

My jaw drops, Harry's feet dragging him back towards me as his back hits my chest, both of us stunned at his presence.

"This just got awkward." Hartley states.

"What a shame, you can walk." Zayn speaks, looking down at Harry's legs.

"What a shame, you're alive." Harry grits his teeth angrily.

"Right, gentlemen, you can kill each other after we sign the contract. Let's move." Marie grabs Zayn's arm and links it with her, turning away to get inside the large building.

"I don't trust him." Harry mutters, not daring to move.

If Marie wants to take down George, then why the hell is Zayn working with her? ....Unless he wants to take him down as well. That might explain why Louis let me go that day. Or why Zayn was so nice to me when George wasn't around. Was it all just an act? Or are they fooling us now?

"This might as well be the worst mistake we've done, or the best one yet." Niall runs a hand through his hair.

"Come on people! We don't have all day!" Marie yells from inside.

"I trust him." I shrug, speaking my thoughts out loud.

Harry turns around with a look of hurt on his face, meeting my eyes. His furrowed eyebrows dig deeper against his unibrow, trying to make sense in his mind on why would I do so.

"He helped us escape." I remind him.

"After he literally beat the shit out of me and stabbed you in the thigh?" He yells bitterly.

"He didn't kill us." I shake my head.

"No, but he shot me and watched as you got tortured." He fights back, trying to change my mind.

"Marie is trying to help us. If he's with her then that means he's trying to help us, too." I elaborate.

"How the fuck can you be so sure of that?"

"Trouble in paradise." Hartley snickers from beside me.

"How can you be so sure he doesn't want to help?" I cross my arms over my chest, suddenly feeling very unwell.

"Because he's Zayn."

"You're being blinded by your own hatered."

"Why are you defending him?" Harry yells, clearly upset.

"I'm just stating the obvious." I lower my voice.

"Clearly, you need enough sleep to think properly." A very furious Harry turns back around, following Marie inside as I drop my arms by my side, getting very hurt from his words.

"This is what happens when you don't give him that morning head." Niall whispers in my ear, making me stroll past the guards, ignoring what he said.

Everyone soon follows inside, the grand hallway leading us towards a large space of red and gold, everything looking expensive.