Chapter 39

Grace wasn't sure if following Brenda was the right choice, but they didn't have a lot of options. There was a song blaring over the speakers, but that wasn't what she was focusing on. Brenda was leading them up a set of stairs. "Brenda," Jorge called when he saw the group. "We don't have much time. Let's go. Let's go." They started running after him. "Right this way." Jorge pushed open two windows. There was a zipline.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," Frypan said. Grace felt a wave of fear rush through her at the idea of using the zipline.

"Plan B, Hermano." Jorge pushed forward a bunch of rag-looking objects that went over the zipline, which they would use to cross. "You kids want to get to the Right Arm?" They did, but Grace couldn't do it. She couldn't hold herself up and soar through the air. "I will lead you to them, but you owe me." He yanked down one of the rags. "Follow me." With that, he jumped out the window.

Grace stepped back as she watched him glide through the air towards the other building. She couldn't do it. She wouldn't be able to. "All right," Brenda pulled down another rag. "Let's go."

"Okay, go, go," Thomas instructed the group. Grace was frozen in place. She couldn't do it. The idea terrified her. "We need to go." Minho went to step forward, but he noticed Grace hovering in the back. "Minho," Thomas edged him forward.

"Go," Minho responded. He had to make sure Grace went as well. "Grace, come on."

She glanced at him, then at the zipline. Frypan grabbed a rope and jumped out the window. The others weren't afraid like she was. Grace was holding them back. "I can't." She didn't like heights, and she didn't trust herself not to fall. "I can't-"

"You can," Minho promised. "Right after me, okay? I'll wait at the bottom and catch you."

"Come on," Thomas yelled to them. Aris grabbed the next rope and jumped. "Minho."

Grace knew she had to do this. It was the only way to safety. "Okay," she said. "I'll go right behind you." Minho smiled at her. She forced a smile back. Although she was terrified, she knew Minho would be there to catch her. Minho grabbed the rope and jumped out of the window without a second thought.

"Teresa," Thomas said. "You're next." Brenda ran away from them. "Brenda, where are you going?" Teresa hesitated, unsure of what was going on.

"What is she doing?"

Thomas looked back at her. "Just go. I'll be right behind you." There was no time for Teresa to argue with him. "Go."

"Hurry." With that, Teresa jumped.

"Grace, go. I'll get Brenda."

"Okay," she agreed. The blonde grabbed a rope as Thomas vanished around the corner. As she prepared to jump, her mind hesitated. How could she leave without knowing if Brenda and Thomas were coming back? "Shit." Grace let go of the rope and ran in the direction Thomas had gone. She knew Minho would be angry that she didn't come down right away, but she had to make sure Thomas was okay. She felt obligated.

As she turned a corner, her eyes caught sight of the two. Brenda was rummaging around through drawers, searching for something. "We have to go," Thomas screamed.

"What are you doing?"

Thomas whipped his head around, not expecting Grace to still be there. However, he never had the chance to question her. "I got it," Brenda yelled as she held up a silver item. "I got it."

"Come on," Thomas shouted at the two girls. They had to get out of here before it was too late. The group prepared to run back towards the zipline but never had the chance. There were WICKED soldiers with guns surrounding it. "Shit."