Chapter 8: Sukuna's Ability

SPOILER OF MANGA COMING HERE!!!

We don't really know the extent of Sukuna's abilities, nor if Yuuji can tap into them since he is his vessel.  And if he can, would it be something he can use at will, or does he have to get Sukuna to let him use it?  Maybe he will be in due time, Yuuji can use cursed energy, energy that belongs to Sukuna.  So, maybe at some point he may be able to use his abilities.

But I doubt he will though.

So far from what we had seen in the anime, and in some parts of the manga, Sukuna cuts/slices his targets.  More specifically his techniques are 1. Cleave and 2. Dismantle.

But is that really it?

Most likely not, after what is shown in the manga against his fight with Jogo (that volcano cursed spirit).

Jogo uses fire techniques, but in his fight with Sukuna (at this time Yuuji is not in control for certain circumstances) he uses a fire technique against Jogo.

Of course, Jogo was surprised because he thought that Sukuna's only ability was to slice things.  But apparently that's not the case.

And also, the fact that in one part he "thanks" Megumi (not directly to him) but says it to himself, because of Megumi he was able to realize something else he could do.  Never really mentioned what it was, but he managed to learn something.

Maybe like any other person, he also learns new things and learns how to implement them with his cursed energy.  Or develop a whole new technique?

So, do we really know what Sukuna's ability is?  Partially.  We just barely know a bit of it, in the manga from what had happened, he's already strong enough with the number of fingers he has now.  Not going to say the exact number, but it's much more than what is in the anime.

If all the fingers are consumed and the true abilities of Sukuna are revealed and if Sukuna further develops more techniques, he's sure to definitely give Gojo a hard time.

Remember how at the beginning Yuuji asked Gojo if he could win against Sukuna?  And Gojo says that it would be hard, but that he would be able to win.

But, if Sukuna further develops more techniques and can actually copy others, can Gojo actually win against him?  Or rather would it be a fight that would most likely damage each other severely?

Like in one of the episodes, Gojo tells Megumi that many years ago, the Six eyes and Shadow user of back then fought to the death.  They killed each other.  So, who is to say that Sukuna and Gojo wouldn't do the same?

Or maybe Gojo would be able to use Megumi as back up, considering that Sukuna doesn't want to kill nor harm Megumi for whatever reasons he has.

___________________________________________________________________________________

In the end, we don't know how strong Sukuna is compared to what he was before in the past when he was still "alive".

And considering that maybe, over the years Sukuna's fingers could have absorbed cursed energy from humans and cursed spirits alike and grown stronger.

It's possible. Since Geto was able to do something similar like that in Jujutsu Kaisen 0.

And also, since Sukuna's fingers were used as "talismans" to ward off cursed spirits.  And even in the manga in volume 1 Fushiguro tells Yuuji on page 28, "The more evil placed on a cursed object, the more it deflects other curses.  Using poison to fend off poison"

And he also says, in the same page, "After many years, the seal weakens, and the talisman essentially changes form.  Then it attracts curses and feeds on them."

From reading this, it makes me think that Sukuna's fingers have consumed and absorbed the cursed energy of the cursed spirits that have come near it.  The weaker cursed spirits that is.

And maybe since some fingers were inside of some Special Grade Spirit, maybe the finger was able to absorb some cursed energy from them while there?

So, we don't know if while still in Yuuji, if Sukuna is harvesting and growing more cursed energy than they could imagine.  Because all they know of Sukuna is pretty limited, and they only know from what has been documented and passed down to them while training as Jujutsu sorcerers.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

So, it's highly possible that Sukuna has more abilities than thought, especially since Jogo was shocked at seeing what Sukuna could do.  He even said that he only thought and knew that Sukuna could cut/slice his targets.

And also, the chances that Sukuna is much stronger than he was in the past .... that is also very likely.

So, if Sukuna and Gojo were to ever fight, that fight will be more than just "a bit hard".

In that sense, I'm curious to see what the manga is to bring.  Will my theories be proven right or wrong?  Or would there be some truth to what I think?

I don't know.  But we'll have to wait and see.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think the extent of Sukuna's abilities is?  Do you think that he's much stronger than he was in the past?

What are your thoughts?

So, that's it for now.  Hope you enjoy it.