Chapter 12: Tengen

SPOILER OF CHAPTER 144 OF JUJUTSU KAISEN

In the manga there's a character named Tengen.  He's mentioned in chapter 45 and his first appearance in the manga is from chapter 144.

Anyways, he's human.  Well at least he is .... supposedly.

He's referred to as the Immortal sorcerer, because he has been alive for so many years, and every certain number of years there's a person born they refer to as a "star plasma" a person who is compatible with merging to Tengen so that Tengen can continue on "living."

But a few years back, when Gojo was still a teenager.  So around ten or eleven years ago or so.  Toji was hired to assassinate the star plasma.  Well not hired so to say.

There was a deadline, and it was a free for all to win a certain quantity of money to kill her.  So a bounty of the stars plasma.

And Toji was the one who killed her.  That was the first time, from that time, that Gojo ever lost to anyone.

Anyways, since the star plasma died, Tengen couldn't merge with her, and his appearance began to change since he had to "evolve" to be able to exist.

And he now looks nothing like a human.  He seems more like a cursed spirit.  He even said so in the manga, that he was no longer human, he was getting further away from being a human.

Tengen is the one who is putting up the barrier in the area.

And what makes me think that maybe just maybe Yuuji may not be executed is that Tengen helps Yuuji.  And asks him for a favor.

Since Tengen helps him, does that mean that he could potentially help Yuuji in the end?

Or rather yet, did Tengen also agree to Yuuji's execution?  If not, could he, as the immortal sorcerer, who is basically the head of everything, revoke that order and save Yuuji?

And could it be that Tengen knows a way to separate Sukuna and Yuuji?  Considering that he has lived for so many years and has seen and heard many things throughout those years?

We don't know, but it could be a possibility.

I'd like to think that maybe Tengen would be able so save Yuuji.

But at the same time, I also wish for Sukuna to be saved.  I know he's a cursed spirit, the king of curses, the villain.  But I hope for a different ending for him that doesn't end in death in him being sealed once again or to be exorcised.

So, after reading about Tengen, I think that he along with the elders know much more than they let on.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I'd like to read about Tengen and how he came to be the way he is.  Maybe in that way we'll get some answers.  And for all we know, Tengen could very well have been alive during the time of Sukuna's prime?

So, that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed it.