Chapter 2: Yuuji and Choso

SPOILERS OF JUJUTSU KAISEN MANGA!!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter has some, or rather a lot of spoilers for the manga.

Have you ever wondered why Yuuji can keep control of his body and suppress Sukuna from taking over?

I did too, but as I continued to read the manga, I began to realize something.  Which was rather interesting to say.

In episode 1, before Yuuji's grandpa died he had said that he wanted to tell Yuuji the truth about his parents, and Yuuji didn't want to listen.

I think the truth had to deal with his mother more specifically.  His parents are never mentioned in the anime, but they are briefly shown in the manga for a bit.

His parents died when Yuuji was very young, maybe when he was an infant.

Yuuji has always been physically stronger than average, and more emotionally and mentally stable than one would imagine.

I never thought much about it until I read of Choso.

In chapter 103 or so, some things happen in Shibuya.  I think in the anime they mentioned about something happening on October 31st.  Well that "something" happens in Shibuya.

And Choso being a part of the group with Mahito is, and the elder brother of the two cursed brothers that Yuuji and Nobara killed.

Well in that fight, Yuuji ends up "dying" in a sense, and that's when a truth is reviled to Choso.

After Yuuji's death, which was caused by Choso, Choso begins to "remember" memories that never happened.  These memories are of his two brothers that were killed by Yuuji and Nobara, and Choso was there as well.  But Yuuji was there too.

Yuuji, was Choso's little brother.

Of course, Choso had a mental breakdown at knowing this.

*Yuuji ends up reviving again, but for a short while Sukuna had taken over.  Not going to go into detail as to the cause of that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapters later, when they meet Geto, who by the way isn't Geto.  The body is of Geto, but his brain had been replaced by someone else, and in a way possessed by that person.  And that person being Noritoshi Kamo.

His physical body is dead, but he has kept his very soul alive by possessing people.

Anyways, Choso and his brothers, which there are a total of ten I believe, were all born from a human woman.  A woman who was never married, but mysteriously had gotten pregnant.  And these pregnancies were caused by that man Noritoshi Kamo who lived roughly 150 years ago.

Each of those pregnancies birthed a cursed spirit child, never really alive.  But those cursed spirit children knew who their mother was, knew how she felt, and such hated the man.  Their mother died in the end.

I never understood why he would do that.

But I believe this is the reason which I will reveal in a bit.

When Choso meets Yuuji again, he tells him that he is his brother.  Of course, Yuuji doesn't want to believe it since he's an only child and Choso is a curse.

But Yuuji remembers a very faint memory of his parents.  His mother had those same stitches on her forehead just as Geto has.

Yuuji's mother was the host of Noritoshi Kamo while she (he) concieved and raised a child.  I believe that Noritoshi Kamo was trying to make the perfect vessel for Sukuna.  And all those in the past were failures, but Yuuji was the perfect one.  He was the only one who was born as a perfect human host.

Which would explain his strength, his ability to suppress Sukuna (and not dying at consuming Sukuna's fingers), and the fact that Choso is his "brother".

Even "Geto", Noritoshi Kamo, acknowledged that Yuuji was his son, not to them, but to Yuuji's friends when he was giving them a chance to leave Shibuya, and the area surrounding Shibuya.  He said, "Thank you for being my son's friends."

I feel that he does hold some affection for Yuuji as a parent, but his goal takes priority of that feeling.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

What did you guys think of this?  It was pretty shocking when I first learned that Choso and Yuuji were "siblings".  But the theory was even more shocking as well, and it makes sense if you think about it.

SO, that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed it.