Chapter 7: Six Eyes

Gojo is the first six eyes user to be born in over one hundred years.  Because apparently someone, in order to stop that, every time when a child born with the six eyes was born, he would kill them at birth.  Or so it's been said.

And one hundred years passed by without a six eyes user until Gojo came along.

The six eyes is an ocular jujutsu passed through the Gojo family.  Think of it as the Uchiha or Hyuga with their abilities.  Just as an example.  But unlike them, not all are born with the six eyes.  It's never been said how many could have been born in one generation.  Maybe it could have been one every generation.  Or one every certain amount of years.  Not sure.  But as for now, Gojo is the only known Six Eyes user born.

The six eyes is a jujutsu that enhances everything.  To the point that it's bothersome, and tiring.  Such that Gojo has to cover his eyes otherwise it's too overwhelming.

Gege has stated that even though Gojo wears that blindfold or sometimes wears those sunglasses, he can still "see".  He can see, or rather feel what's around him and be able to see it.  If that makes sense.

Anyways, his blindfold, helps in cutting off his cursed energy, or rather lessening the flow of it so it doesn't tire him out.  Even though he can use the reverse technique to heal himself, he would have too constantly have it on, so that's why he uses the blindfold and glasses.  He already uses enough cursed energy when keeping infinity on, which is where he can make things slower when getting closer to him, so having the reverse technique on would have been too much.

It's not 100% specified, but in Jujutsu Kaisen 0, Gojo fights against a guy named Miguel.  He's on Geto's side.

Well, he uses a rope that was made by the sorcerers from his country, and that rope, in Gojo's words "That rope ... it's imbued with some abnormal curse.  It's messing with my cursed technique."

And that rope was used to make that blindfold.  So, it's not just some regular blindfold.  It's embedded with a cursed technique that interferes with Gojo's cursed energy.  Think of it as filling a cup with soda, juice or flavored water, and you add water to it, and it starts to dilute the color and flavor of the original drink.

Think of that blindfold as that.  Gege said, "To put it bluntly, Six Eyes is the eyes that shows cursed energy in so much detail. He can even see like high-resolution thermography when wearing a blindfold. He can even recognize things that don't have cursed energy, such as buildings, through the residue and the flow of the cursed energy. On the other hand, if he doesn't wear the blindfold, he will get tired easily, even though he is using the reverse cursed technique to keep his brain fresh" And that's why he uses it.

His sunglasses are different though.  They are completely pitch black.  According to Gege, "If ordinary people put on Gojo's sunglasses, they won't be able to see anything aside from pitch-blackness."

That's just how strong his cursed energy is, and like I mentioned before about Gojo ever being romantically involved with anyone.  It could be potentially dangerous if he didn't have control over his abilities and power.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

After thinking more about this, it makes me wonder just how many more techniques Gojo can use if he has to go as far as to basically cut off the flow of the cursed energy in his eyes.

Aside from that "purple" he used against Hanami during the event against Kyoto students, we don't really know the extent of Gojo's abilities.  We'll just have to wait and see.

There should be more of a reason to why he's called "the strongest sorcerer" than just because of his eyes.

So, that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed it.