Chapter 23: Cursed Talisman

Let's go all the way back into chapter 1 of JJK and talk about Fushiguro's explanation of Sukuna's finger being used as a talisman.

So in chapter 1, when Fushiguro is explaining the whole thing to Yuuji, I didn't really think so much into it.  I did have some thoughts about it, but not much.

Anyways, the key word here is talisman.  Was there a specific reason for Sukuna's finger to be used as a talisman?

Or was it called a talisman to make sure people don't move it and get rid of it.  Kind of like a, "if you move it, all evil things will come out since you removed the protection" type of thing.

But could it also be that the land was "sacred" or had enough seal and protection to keep it sealed for years.  Could the reason for having Fushiguro get the finger be that the "seal" was getting weaker and needed to be taken care of.

For example, it was so weak that even regular civilians were able to peel off the seal wrappings around the finger.

A cursed talisman, typically, from what I've heard and read in JJK, is used to ward off greater evil, and used as protection but as it goes on that item becomes a cursed item.

But since the finger was a cursed item to begin with, why was it used as a talisman?  What's the reason for it?  Could it also be that the finger still let out a strong aura enough to really ward off stronger cursed spirits?

Anyways, I started reading JJK from the beginning to see if there is anything that I may have missed or something that has an early hint.  And also because it's a good read.

So, while reading I decided to zoom into Sukuna's finger since I noticed something weird about it.  It looked like it had a branch on it.

Can you see what's on the finger?  Yes, there are some branches growing on it

Can you see what's on the finger?  Yes, there are some branches growing on it.  BUT, can you see the two faces on it?

Could that be caused by the cursed energy/cursed spirits that it has consumed throught the years?

I feel like I'm seeing hands in it, but could be my mind tricking me.  Or it could be part of those growing branches.

Maybe this is part of that that harvest theory I had a couple chapters ago.

I never noticed that before until now.  Wonder what else I'll see as I read.

__________________________________________________________________

The latest chapter of JJK has me nearly screaming in frustration.  I have to wait for the next update.

But I can wait.  I don't think my heart will be able to handle anything for a while.

I need a look into Sukuna's past and a chapter on Yuuji's character growth.  And maybe we'll get to see if he definitely does or doesn't have any relation to the person Sukuna mentioned previously that he resembles.

Let's just hope that nothing takes a worse turn than it already is going.

So, that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed it.