Chapter 17: Mother

THIS WILL CONTAIN SOME MINOR SPOILERS.

Do any of you remember the chapter in which I talked about Yuuji's "mother"?  Well, I'll be going a bit into that.

From what I first read in the manga when Choso claimed Yuuji was his brother, I thought that Yuuji was born, conceived to be the "perfect" vessel for Sukuna.

Anyways a little bit of his mother, her name was Itadori Kaori, I don't really know when Kenjaku was living as her.  But probably for a while.

But the question is why did he specifically choose the Itadori family?  Was it just on a whim and anyone would do.  Or did it have to do with the compatibility for the vessel to be made?

Makes me wonder since Choso and his other siblings were "failures".

Anyways in chapter 213, "Geto" mentions a small part of being Kaori, and how he somehow retained the cursed technique that was Kaori's.  And by that it seems that just like in Geto's case, he had taken over her body after she had died in was very defenseless at that moment in time.

And it made me think that maybe that "technique" that Kaori had was what made Kenjaku target Kaori as his next host.  Maybe.

Anyways, as mentioned before in a previous of my chapters, "Geto" does acknowledge Yuuji as his son and it baffles me how he seems to not worry or rather care what happens to Yuuji, well he didn't particularly care of Choso and his siblings.

 But on the other end Yuuji is also the perfect vessel he was able to make and maybe after that vessel was made, he made sure to leave the family since his job was done and he needed to get further preparations.  At least I think so.

I wonder if he has any real feelings for Yuuji as a parent, considering that he gave birth to Yuuji while he was Kaori, of course he probably has some small affection and acknowledgement as a parent, but not enough to really care to save him.

Will Yuuji finally be able to get the real full truth and answers that his grandpa was trying to tell him in the beginning.  And did Yuuji's father know the truth as well?

And most of all, how did Yuuji end up with his grandfather.  Obviously, his parents most likely died, but how.  I'm not sure if it were an accident, but I'm kind of thinking that "Kaori" had something to do with it now that "her" job was done.

Anyways, I'm kind of drifting off the main topic here.  In chapter 2008 in the beginning part it's Choso talking with someone else and of course further confirms that Yuuji is in fact his younger brother, they share the same parent.

Her name is Tsukumo, that's as far as I'll go on her.  Anyways, there's a minor flashback of Choso talking to her and it seems that Choso has plan to sacrifice in order to help Yuuji, and this Tsukomo says, "You can sacrifice yourself for your little brother's future, but is there really a point if you're not in that future?"

That's one more point in showing that Yuuji is Choso's younger brother, I'm sure that there will be more information on them, I know there's one on how they came to be.  And I'll soon be typing up a chapter on that.

In a way they are siblings, but not blood related.  They share the same parent in cursed energy wise, in a way that cursed energy could be considered as their blood realtion.

And my question here is how was Kenjaku able to get Kaori's body?  Had he been watching her for a while to make a move.  For example, for Geto, he waited until Geto basically died to take over.

So, it would made sense if he had waited until Kaori died.  And after typing this part it's making me think that Kenjaku intentionally chose the Itadori family, not only for her technique, but maybe the Itadori family itself had something.

At least that's what I would like to think.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There are so many questions on the Itadori family, man if only Wasuke (Yuuji's grandpa) was able to tell Yuuji what he wanted to, we would have at least know a bit more.

But hopefully maybe in the later chapters we'll know more about it.

So, that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed it.